Join Our Team
Hill Physicians has much to offer prospective employees. We’re regularly recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in the Bay Area” and have been recognized as one of the “Healthiest Places to Work in the Bay Area.” When you join our team, you’re making a great choice for your professional career and your personal satisfaction.
The Applications Support Analyst -- Senior is responsible for systems analysis and configuration, training, implementation and customer support for all business applications, serving as a liaison between PriMed Management business units and the applications vendors. The Applications Support Analyst -- Senior is also responsible for reviewing and recommending new business applications software, providing analytical support and working on special projects and committees. S/he works to ensure that user problems and enhancement requests are properly addressed, and that documentation and training materials remain current.
- Provide input in all phases of systems development, with ownership for driving QA activities.
- Create and execute test scripts for functional testing, regression testing, data verification, work flow validation, and other types of testing/validation. Record and track all defects using department-approved tools.
- Utilize department approved templates for test plans, test scripts, testing results reports, and other documentation to support QA activities on assigned projects.
- Effectively communicate issues and defects to technical and non-technical stakeholders. Analyze impact and escalate defects that will impede forward progression on the project.
- Work with end-users, subject matter experts, vendors, project managers, project analysts, and developers to investigate defects and ensure that they are satisfactorily resolved.
- Ensure that test plans provide thorough coverage of specified software requirements.
- Evaluate software requirements documents for clarity, completeness, and testability. Provide feedback on user-interface design, usability, and end-user documentation.
- Work closely with project managers to complete QA activities within project timelines.
- Serve as key contact to PriMed/Hill user, community, and support/data vendors in defect identification and resolution.
- Support management in recommending process enhancements and analyze new procedures to enhance efficiency.
- Participate in staff, team, and planning meetings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum years of experience required – 3–5
- Licenses and certifications required – None
- Minimum ten years of experience in software applications support, preferably in Healthcare.
- Minimum seven years of experience in healthcare information systems development and support.
- Expertise in structured systems analysis and project management techniques and understand the Application Development Life Cycle.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with business and technical staff and all levels of management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve under pressure of deadlines and resource constraints required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Knowledge of relational database, query language, MS SQL, Access, Excel, Various OS concepts, and programming concepts.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, Healthcare or related field or equivalent education and experience.
- Hill Physicians is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vision Insurance
- Claim XTN: 1 year (Preferred)
- Provider contracts: 1 year (Preferred)
- working with Provider data (contracts, demographics, etc.) : 3 years (Required)
- MS Access: 3 years (Preferred)
- MS Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
- RBRVS: 1 year (Preferred)
- MS SQL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Provider Fee Schedules: 1 year (Preferred)
- healthcare information systems development and support: 7 years (Required)
- software applications support, preferably in healthcare: 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19