Senior Software Engineer/Vulnerability Research Analyst Intrusion Prevention/Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware Research
Guided by its vision of Dynamic Security for the Global Network, SonicWALL® develops advanced intelligent network security and data protection solutions that adapt as organizations evolve and as threats evolve. Trusted by small and large enterprises worldwide, SonicWALL solutions are designed to detect and control applications and protect networks from intrusions and malware attacks through award-winning hardware, software and virtual appliance-based solutions. SonicWALL offers a massively scalable architecture to address the rapid increase in bandwidth speeds and escalating volume, frequency and sophistication of Internet threats. Moreover, SonicWALL drives the cost and complexity out of building and running secure infrastructures, thus enabling greater productivity and IT efficiencies. Visit www.sonicwall.com.
- Analyze various exploits, intrusions, worms, trojans, etc
- Develop simulation software and administer lab environment to replicate attacks.
- Write attack signatures using proprietary signature description language
- Reverse engineer and analyze P2P and IM application traffic. Potentially issue alerts for existing Anti-Virus solution, providing and writing in-depth technical analyses
- Troubleshoot and test (including automation) IPS and Gateway AV engines on firmware
- Experience in writing snort signatures and ability to reverse engineer binary executables using IDA, SoftICE, OllyDBG or other tools is highly desirable
- Strong understanding of Unix and Windows Operating Systems, and TCP/IP internetworking
- Technical documentation experience
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Perl, Tcl, awk, etc.)
- C/C++ programming experience and Unix development experience
- Extensive experience using packet sniffers and analyzing network traffic: Etherpeek, Etherreal, tcpdump
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- 5-8 years with an intrusion detection/prevention product
SonicWALL is looking for talented individuals who want to work in cutting edge technology with a dynamic, fast growing company. If you have what it takes to thrive in this fast paced environment and you meet the minimum requirements for this position, please contact us. We’d love to hear from you!
SonicWALL, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action and workforce diversity. SonicWALL offers great benefits, including paid vacation, 401K, health and dental and a challenging and fun work environment.
Visit our website at www.sonicwall.com for further information regarding our company and its products.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.