Purpose of the role:
The Short Code Specialist will be the primary contact for clients and connectivity suppliers regarding short code programs and other two way messaging programs in North America. This person develops, manages and executes client services and required account connectivity configurations. He / she devise the strategy for the customers messaging program to meet industry standards and completes the initiation phase at multiple levels. He / she needs to remain current and maintain a broad knowledge of Clickatell products, services and systems, regulatory requirements and project management skills.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Short Code Specialist will be the primary contact for customers and connectivity suppliers regarding short code programs and other two way messaging programs in North America. Responsibilities include:
- Actively work with Clickatell clients on their short code applications to ensure compliance with connectivity supplier guidelines. Creative re-working of application content as needed upon feedback from connectivity suppliers to fulfil carrier, MMA compliance, and CTIA standards
- Liaise between aggregation supplier partners and Clickatell customers for the purpose of establishing or modifying short code based messaging programs and providing reports on these activities
- Advise customers who desire to make changes to their existing mobile messaging programs and liaise between aggregation supplier partners and Clickatell customers for the purpose of getting amendments approved
- Provisioning of short codes and keywords for various products on all American connectivity suppliers on Clickatell systems in coordination with Sales , Finance and Connectivity
- Maintenance of existing mobile messaging programs, including responding to connectivity supplier audits and managing customers through the audit process
- Maintain a current understanding of North American regulation and connectivity supplier guidelines (including carrier specific, MMA & CTIA guidelines). Update documentation on connectivity supplier requirements as well as related technical and regulatory specifications and communicate changes in connectivity supplier requirements, both internally and to customers
- Manage the short code lease process including procurement, processing, tracking and code leasing and coordinate those activities between sales and finance .
- Assist sales where necessary in regard to short code support for internal use or special customer requests
- Submit routing/provisioning trouble tickets to connectivity suppliers. Update and manage customer routing profiles within the approved change management process
- Providing post-sale short code subject-matter expertise to internal Clickatell staff and externally. Communicating changes in connectivity supplier requirements, both internally and to customers.
- Propose North American connectivity process improvement changes and implement changes
- Assisting with customer program testing with connectivity supplier to verify compliance.
- Ensure positive interaction and professionalism with internal and external customers on issues. Handle escalated customer issues in the absence of the account executive or other management staff. Communicate with Clickatell Cape Town based connectivity group as required
- Excellent communication skills to communicate with clients and suppliers, including professional phone manner
- The ability to manage connectivity supplier relationships very professional to ensure a strong commercial relationship.
- Tech-savvy, conversant in application development
- Detail-oriented, comfortable with technical configuration
- Ability to work productively in a team as well as independently
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate cross culturally
Experience and Education:
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer-facing position
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in the mobile messaging field
• Bachelor’s Degree
- Regular and on time attendance
- Available after hours
- You may have to travel from time to time locally and abroad.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge; skill and or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with this job.During a colleague’s leave of absence from the company or during month end or peak business periods, you may be required to perform other job tasks upon reasonable request from your line manager.