Here at EMS, we are one of the leading firms in our industry in the area. We are hiring an experienced Software Developer to join our growing team. If you're eager for your next challenge, EMS is an excellent place to get ahead. Apply today!
The Software Developer II developer will code and test software as architected and designed by EMS software design team. The Software Developer II will develop new applications as well as support existing applications to meet EMS’ quality standards and customer needs.
JOB SPECIFIC STANDARDS
- Develop desktop and web applications, database systems, and services in a Microsoft Server Family environment
- Build and implement high quality user interfaces
- Build and execute test cases at unit testing level
- Provide innovative web solutions to clients
- Performs other development duties as required
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
- Creating and utilizing .Net web services (WCF)
- Provide help to customers and customer support team, this may include support beyond typical business hours and include communication with business users
- Test and evaluate new and emerging technologies and provide solutions for implementation
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Should have some technical competency in development in a Microsoft environment and a good understanding of software design principles and processes
- Must have good communication skills (oral and written) in order to work with a small, cohesive development team
- Very good understanding of TCP, FTP, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS protocols
- Strong aptitude to learn, a “can-do” attitude to achieve, and a drive to build a career by developing high quality software to solve real-world problems.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science
- 3 - 6 Years of Software Development experience
- Strong knowledge and experience of Microsoft .NET technologies
- Very good knowledge in MS SQL Server development
- Visual C++/MFC experience preferred
- Silverlight, XAML, WPF experience preferred