SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, C# FULL STACK
The Software Engineer for Starlink Supply Chain Technology is responsible for developing and improving the software that enables Starlink's supply chain teams to improve their business processes and workflows. As an experienced software developer, you will help architect and develop software tools and applications with the intent to automate many supply chain processes for Starlink. You will be expected to have solid business acumen and the ability to turn requirements into working systems and code. You will see the impact of the software you develop in the efficiency gains the supply chain department realizes from using your software.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on an inspiring mission.
- Design, develop, and continuously improve software solutions enabling supply chain mission success including supply base strategic sourcing, material requirements planning, inventory management, materials movement management, nonconforming hardware management, manufacturing and assembly, product traceability, rocket reusability and maintenance, and other critical business/production systems
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our enterprise resource planning (ERP) system
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as responsible engineer for various software platform systems
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Work directly with customers to deep dive into their problems and find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Balance management of technical debt for owned systems with strategic project execution
- Collaborate across disciplines including engineering, production, test, launch mission operations, enterprise resource planning (ERP), supply chain, mission management, customer contracts, quality, human resources, and management to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or scientific discipline and 1+ years of professional software development experience; or 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with C# or other object-oriented language
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Full-stack, production-quality application development experience strongly preferred
- Experience working in a supply chain, operations, or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of RDBMS, preference for MS SQL Server/Transact-SQL, bonus points for PostgreSQL
- Experience with entity framework or other ORMs
- Comfortable with command line interface and Linux operating systems
- Ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment both independently and as a team
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with PowerBI, Looker, Plotly, Dash or other data visualization tools
- Advanced data analytics skills to support development work (i.e. Excel)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.