Specialist Writer in ICT/ Mobile Financial ServicesHIP Consult Inc. – Washington, DC
Do you have a passion or interest in ICT/ financial services, and particularly in mobile financial services? Are you detailed-oriented, an excellent writer/ researcher, new media savvy and striving to make significant impact through your work on a dynamic team?
HIP Consult Inc. is an international management consulting firm, based in Washington, DC, with a focus on emerging markets. We offer comprehensive strategic, commercial, and operational services, working with multinational and national organizations to uncover their potential, create high-impact opportunities, and improve performance. Our services are organized around four principal practice areas, namely: Information & Communication Technologies (ICT), Energy, Financial Services, and Infrastructure.
Mondato LLC, a HIP Consult subsidiary, is a boutique consultancy specializing in the Mobile Financial Services (MFS) space. This position will be a hybrid across both firms.
We seek experienced candidates for a role focused on researching, writing and editing our online publications in various topics ranging from financial services to ICT to energy. The appropriate candidate, based in our Washington, DC headquarters, will be able to independently fulfill such tasks as generating original content for and producing online newsletters (primarily creating content, but also some design), generating and managing content for the websites and driving increased attention to our online presence and brand through existing and/or new social media communications programs. In addition, the appropriate candidate will be expected to provide support in the drafting and submission of firm tenders and to undertake research/ analysis for consulting projects. It is important that the person in this role be driven by a strong interest and, preferably, background in the mobile financial services ecosystem (e.g. mobile commerce, mobile money, mobile payments, remittances, banking and finance).
The core requirements and desired characteristics for the person who takes on this role include:
- Superlative background in business research, article writing and editing skills;
- Expertise in building and implementing new media strategies, preferably in a small business setting;
- Expertise in the execution of social media campaigns;
- Expertise in managing a web site;
- Ability to build and nurture strong cross-industry networks;
- Demonstrated strong self-management skills; and,
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritize and to set and achieve goals.
- Experience in business journalism as a writer and/or editor;
- Strong academic track record, and self-motivated to excellence;
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PPT) and WordPress, particularly in layout, design and editing;
- Experience in international media and brand strategies;
- Quantitative skills such as financial analysis and modeling; and,
- HTML or some programming capabilities.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate proficiency in the above-mentioned, and will also need to have a flexible nature, a high degree of maturity and a positive, friendly disposition.
Competitive remuneration, a collegial atmosphere, and an unparalleled working experience await successful applicants. For additional information on HIP Consult, please visit www.hipconsult.com. For additional information on Mondato, please visit www.mondato.com.