SQL BI DeveloperNew Century Health – Brea, CA
SUMMARY: The BI Developer is responsible for designing, developing, managing and delivering state of the art Database platforms and Business Intelligence solutions. These database platforms and solutions are critical to powering the current and future transactional and analytical and business intelligence tools for New Century Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Designs, develops and monitors an enterprise data warehouse, working with a team of engineers.
- Designs and monitors construction of user-facing presentation tools, such as Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports, BISM, Performance Point and PowerPivot.
- Designs, develops and monitors Enterprise Transformation Language (ETL) processes.
- Establishes and implements standards and strategies for data management, lifecycle, and quality.
- Defines/implements best practices and standards for the data modeling process.
- Creates and maintains the logical and physical data models for the production and Business Intelligence data warehouse and data marts.
- Participates in data design walkthroughs to communicate data warehouse and Data Mart table designs to development team.
- Develops prototype views and reports of the data, and work with business users both internal and external to refine their requirements.
- Demonstrates self-reliance in researching technical solutions and product functionality.
- Continuously improves upon existing approaches by seeking opportunity to creatively transform current business practices into fresh alternative solutions.
- Monitors production support issues and develop corrective solutions.
- Conducts performance tuning of existing data structures.
- Respects and maintains HIPAA confidentiality guidelines.
- Acts as an interdepartmental liaison between all New Century Health offices, departments, and committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong experience working in Microsoft SQL Server and the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack (SSRS, SSAS and SSIS)
- Strong experience designing relational and multi-dimensional models
- Knowledge of administration of SQL Server for transactional and analysis systems
- Strong cube/analytical data model design expertise
- Strong SSRS reporting off cubes (multidimensional MDX experience preferred)
- Third normal and Star Schema design
- Strong Experience in PowerPivot, PerformancePoint, BISM and SharePoint Integration for SQL Server Reporting Services required
- Knowledge of Windows Servers Administration
- Able to work remotely for distributed development teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft DQS ( Data Quality Services) and MDS ( Master Data Management services)
- Specific Knowledge of Software Configuration Change Management (SCCM) and Deployment Requirements for BI/DW Projects (preferred)
- Strong business and process skills
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative
- Successful in translating technical language to lay audiences
- Expert level with T-SQL (Transact\SQL)
- Healthcare experience required
- Experience with deploying redundant database platforms and solutions using Microsoft Cluster, Replication is a plus
- MCDBA Certification preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or Computer Engineering or associated discipline or the equivalent experience. Requires three (3) to five (5) years’ experience as a Business Intelligence/Database Warehouse Architect and/or in combination with Database Analyst experience or other equivalent work experience. Requires familiarity with SSRIS, SSAS, and SSIS, SQL, drill down reports, and query optimization. Requires healthcare experience (e.g. claims, eligibility, provider, patient, pharmacy). Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is a plus.