WHO IS USA LACROSSE
USA Lacrosse, a non-profit organization, is the governing body of men’s and women’s lacrosse in the United States, leading the U.S. National Teams Program and establishing universal standards. With nearly 400,000 members, we provide national leadership, structure, and resources to fuel and unify the sport's growth and enrich the experience of its players, coaches, officials, parents, and program leaders.
USA Lacrosse believes a diverse staff best positions our organization to fulfill its mission. We strive to attract and maintain a team of talented and dedicated professionals who reflect the diverse nature of our membership and the national lacrosse community. We are committed to a staff culture that ensures everyone feels welcomed, valued, and included.
The SR Manager, Instructional Design and eLearning is responsible for the oversight, management, design, creation, and organizational of USA Lacrosse’s (USAL) digital learning strategy and delivery for our members. This innovative thought leader will plan, develop, and design USAL’s digital resources, educational materials, online courses, and eLearning assets by partnering with internal and external subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop content that will engage and educate our members on the sport and history of lacrosse. This crucial role will ensure all educational resources align with USAL’s brand and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the sport of lacrosse.
To be successful in this role you will have a dedication to education and the development and design of engaging learning content in an eLearning space, while having respect for the role and unique history of lacrosse in the sports landscape. The SR Manager, Instructional Design and eLearning is someone who is passionate about providing a best-in-class digital learning experience and resources to USAL’s members and the lacrosse community.
A Typical Day Looks Like…
Digital Learning Strategy Development & Leadership
Develops and maintains the overall digital learning strategy to ensure alignment with USAL’s strategic plan.
- Oversees all digital learning projects to ensure strategic plan alignment and prioritization to meet established project timelines for deliverables.
Ensures all educational resources represent USAL with consistent branding, quality content, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at its core. This includes working with the marketing department to ensure brand alignment for all courses and platforms.
- Partners with internal and external consumers to understand their learning experience on our platform to ensure USAL is meeting the needs of our members. This includes conducting research on what similar organizations in our industry are doing to ensure best practices are implemented for a best-in-class experience and value add for our members.
- Develops and manages the annual digital learning budgets, including development costs, support cost, and software licenses.
Provides regular reporting and data insights on digital learning initiatives to the leadership team and Board so they can make informed business decisions. This includes making recommendations for improvements and expansion as new opportunities are identified.
Content & Curriculum
- Supports the development of the course curriculum for coaches and officials in alignment and prioritization with USAL’s strategic plan.
Develops and oversees the calendar of annual core courses that need to be updated and revised. This includes planning and executing curriculum development and revision of processes and timelines for core learner communities.
Designs and creates effective and engaging digital learning content and products to engage and educate USAL members. This includes ensuring all content furthers the DEI initiatives of USAL.
Uses ADDIE, AGILE, and/or adult learning principals to design, develop, and revise new and existing content with input from designated SMEs and organizational support (i.e., publications, audio visual, department leadership, etc.).
- Creates processes and templated course design in the LMS to ensure consistency, quality of content, and clarity for ease of learner navigation, experience, and retention. This includes ensuring learning content and files are uploaded to the LMS (i.e., courses, webinars, curriculums, course bundles, etc.).
Works with internal stakeholders to provide required information and education to internal and external leadership in support of short and long-terms goals (i.e., educate SME's, leadership, trainers, etc.).
Manages internal and external course developers, technologists, and designers to complete specific projects and goals based on established timeframes.
Analyzes, maps, plans, and executes short and long-term curriculum design, development, and revision processes to ensure consistency and timely delivery.
- Identifies and explores new training needs across the organization by partnering with the appropriate SMEs to determine if there would be a value-add for our users.
User Experience & LMS Administration
- Creates and maintains standard operating procedures (SOP’s) for eLearning management, course development, project requests, and customer service workflows and standards.
Identifies and implements new LMS strategies, direction, and integrations. This includes working with cross-departmental groups to recommend and implement new eLearning solutions to remain a leading digital learning service provider.
- Works as the primary liaison with the IT team to ensure effective and streamlined technology integrations (i.e., SalesForce, APIs, eCommerce, and SSO) for a positive customer experience on USAL’s platform. This includes managing and monitoring ongoing LMS system maintenance and updates.
- Informs and educates USAL’s customer service team by providing assistance for course troubleshooting and support, including user FAQs and other documentation to assist e-learners. This includes using data collected from customers service on common inquiries and issues to identify trends and common concerns to update procedures and troubleshooting documents as appropriate for an exceptional customer experience.
Manages eLearning mailbox to centralize and collect all questions specific to eLearning content functionality to assist with the development of future resources. This includes updating user FAQs and other documentation as necessary.
- Uses analytics, metrics, and user data to develop short and long-term strategies to increase learner engagement, completion, and content.
- Audit’s content and structure for ease of use by internal and external users, including developing strategies for LMS home page updates and design.
- Works with third party content providers to configure courses on USAL’s LMS. This includes acting as the primary liaison for any external eLearning support partners and vendors.
- Reconciles financial data and invoices and monitors user trends and engagement within the system.
Makes recommendations for pricing structures and strategies as necessary within the LMS by tracking course revenue generation and trends.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
High school diploma or GED equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in training, human resources, education, or related field of study preferred or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in instructional design, training, eLearning development, or related experience.
Experience developing in-person and/or digital training programs, including content and curriculum development.
- Experience in video editing and development and/or project management is desirable.
- Ability to coordinate large, multi-phase projects, including managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to partner with and manage both individual and teams of subject matter experts (SME’s).
Experience using eLearning software and LMS strongly preferred.
Ability to supervise and lead a team of digital support staff, external subcontractors, SMEs, and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally.
Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external colleagues while maintaining the necessary level of communication.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, fluid work environment to respond to the needs of our members.
Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively to meet established deadlines.
Ability to create long-terms plans while executing activities on a short-term basis.
Basic to intermediate computer knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; Salesforce database experience a plus.
- Willingness to learn about the sport of lacrosse and appreciate its participants learning needs.
Ability to align with USA Lacrosse’s Mission, Vision, and Values and Strategic Plan to support our initiatives and organizational goals to support our members
Core Values & Competencies
We Influence - Written and Verbal Communication
- We Serve - Customer Focused
We Create & Innovate - Creativity
We Collaborate - Peer Relationships
We are Humble & Honest - Integrity and Trust
We Embrace Individuality - Diversity
We Have Fun - Humor
Expected Hours of Work
This position is generally expected to work Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm and occasionally requires longer hours or weekend work as related to events and other business needs. This position primarily works from the headquarters location in Sparks, MD.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
USA Lacrosse is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or any other status/characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law. USA Lacrosse believes diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.