Sr. Stack Engineer
JTEC Energy is commercializing the Johnson Thermo-Electrochemical Converter, an invention that turns waste heat directly into electricity more efficiently than any other device on the market. We have an immediate opening for a creative, hands-on Sr. Stack Engineer who is excited about developing a new method to produce Clean Energy. The work we do is closely related to Fuel Cell technology. We are specifically looking for an engineer with Fuel Cell industry experience: designing and building fuel cell stacks and components such as unit cell, end plate, MEA, compression hardware, housing, sealing, manifolds, etc. The Sr. Stack Engineer will work with other team members, including Materials Engineers, Chemists, Chemical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and Aerospace Engineers to develop robust, reliable implementations of the JTEC device. This position includes both high-level design and hands-on building, testing, and reporting. JTEC Energy is a startup; the Sr. Stack Engineer position affords the right engineer the ability to bring to life a truly exciting and world-changing invention.
JTEC Energy is located in downtown Atlanta and will move into our new office/lab in the Lee+White complex on the Atlanta Beltline in the Summer of 2023. The position is fulltime and is not remote. The compensation package offers full Health/Dental/Vision insurance, paid time off and company stock options.
Designing and implementing the JTEC stack to most efficiently generate, harness and transport electricity. Working with Chemists and Mechanical, Electrical, Materials and Chemical Engineers to determine the makeup, interaction, and efficiency of the materials and components used in the device.
Developing designs and prototypes; testing, fine-tuning, and building large-scale working production models.
Performing stack or component testing and root cause analysis of failures.
Keeping detailed logs and reports of their findings.
Maintaining an aggressive schedule.
Estimating costs and sourcing materials to find cost savings.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience with fuel cell stack or component design and development.
· Experience with mechanical, electrochemical, and/or thermal analysis of fuel cell stack or components. Experience working with Hydrogen containment.
· Familiarity with analytical methods and/or experimental characterizations of fuel cell stack or components
· Knowledge of computer systems, including CAD.
· Ability to communicate effectively with customers & company personnel, both verbally and in writing.
· Flexibility to work in a fast-paced startup company with little supervision: willingness to roll up your sleeves and jump in.
· Demonstrated ability to plan and organize assignments so that aggressive schedules are met on time.
· Experience with and respect for laboratory and machine shop safety measures.
· Willingness to keep lab and machine shop neat, clean, and organized.
· Masters or Ph.D. in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
· Additional 3+ years of experience of leading fuel cell stack or component design and development.
· Experience working with Metal Hydrides
· Experience with ANSYS.
JTEC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Work Location: In person