Teaching Assistant-Autism Classroom
Achievement Centers for Children
is a Cleveland, Ohio based non-profit organization that is nationally recognized for its excellence in helping children with disabilities and their families achieve and thrive. Employment with us is rewarding personally and professionally.
We are currently seeking a Teachers Assistant to join our team. Bring your talents and enthusiasm to our innovative K-8 school for children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. This position is part of an interdisciplinary team in a full day (8:15 am -3:45 pm) school year program.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Providing support to the teacher and other classroom team members
- Maintaining daily operation of the classroom program
- Assisting students with instructional and non-instructional tasks as assigned by the teacher
- Classroom preparation
- Implementation of students behavior plans
- Associates degree in Education, Child Development, Psychology or other related field
- Experience working with students with special needs in a classroom setting
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to consistently respond to children in respectful and supportive ways.
- Training and experience of 1-2 years with students with Autism Spectrum Disorder preferred
We offer excellent benefits, including generous paid time off, retirement savings plan and opportunities for professional development.
Achievement Centers for Children values and promotes diversity and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.