At Charles River, we are passionate about improving the quality of people’s lives. When you join our global family, you will help create healthier lives for millions of patients and their families.
Charles River employees are innovative thinkers, who are dedicated to continuous learning and improvement. We will empower you with the resources you need to grow and develop in your career.
As a Charles River employee, you will be part of an industry-leading, customer-focused company at the forefront of drug development. Your skills will play a key role in bringing life-saving therapies to market faster through simpler, quicker, and more digitalized processes. Whether you are in lab operations, finance, IT, sales, or another area, when you work at Charles River, you will be the difference every day for patients across the globe.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position, a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
We are seeking a Team Lead for our Maintenance department to be located at our facility in Wilmington, MA. The Team Lead, Facilities/Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the management and supervision of daily preventative and reactive maintenance and repairs. Assist with oversight and daily workload management of technical personnel. Provide leadership, technical guidance, and serve as a mentor to less experienced staff. Assist with oversight of external contractors and vendors who work on-site.
The following are the responsibilities related to the Team Lead, Facilities / Maintenance Technician position:
- Perform and direct maintenance and construction of physical plant mechanical and environmental systems.
- Monitor and maintain maintenance systems buildings and grounds. Isolate and identify malfunctioning equipment for repair, adjustment, and replacement.
- Perform preventative maintenance and reactive repairs on mechanical equipment and environmental systems.
- Ensure compliance with safety and quality practices and procedures.
- Coordinate purchasing and contractor services for maintenance operations.
- Respond to emergencies as needed and review, evaluate and support all site maintenance related emergencies and critical repairs.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisor in facility and system design and utility cost reduction programs.
- Provide training and development needs of assigned staff. Assist in the development, implementa¬tion and delivery of depart¬mental training programs and ensure that assigned staff receives departmental orien¬tation and necessary on-the-job training.
- Monitor performance of assigned staff. Provide regular coaching and counseling. Serve as a mentor to less experienced staff.
- Provide guidance in the day to day activities of assigned departmental employees to ensure accurate, high-quality work, and adherence to pertinent departmental policies, practices and procedures (SOPs, safety procedures and biosafety protocols). Ensure schedule is prepared daily, accurately reflecting required tasks and workload.
- Serve as a model as it relates to effective time management, communication and utilization of resources. Provide leadership and motivation to departmental personnel.
- Schedule overtime as directed; assist in the coordination of vacation/time off schedules.
- Assist in the maintenance and communication of departmental systems and SOPs.
- Assist in the interview and selection of qualified non-exempt personnel. Assist in developing recommendations regarding personnel actions, including hiring, promotions and raises. Assist in the drafting of appropriate personnel action paperwork.
- Assist in preparing responses to both internal and external quality assurance audits.
- Use SOPs, processes and company policies when performing all job functions.
- 24/7 emergency duty coverage as assigned
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
The following are the qualifications related to the Team Lead, Facilities / Maintenance Technician position:
- Education: High school diploma, General Education Degree (G.E.D.) or equivalent. Refrigerant certification preferred.
- Experience: 10+ years of facility and mechanical equipment experience required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- High working knowledge of computer-based systems such as Microsoft Windows Office suite, CMMS, CAD
- Certification/Licensure: Licensure in one or more trades preferred. Valid license holder in specialized discipline including: Waste water Treatment, Boiler operator (Firemen, Engineer) Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC etc
- Other: Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
IMPORTANT: A resume is required to be considered for this position. If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Corporate Functions
The Corporate Functions provide operational support across Charles River in areas such as Human Resources, Finance, IT, Legal, Sales, Quality Assurance, Marketing, and Corporate Development. They partner with their colleagues across the company to develop and drive strategies and to set global standards. The functions are essential to providing a bridge between strategic vision and operational readiness, to ensure ongoing functional innovation and capability improvement.