Tooling EngineerRoyal Engineered Composites – Minden, NE
A Tooling Engineer is responsible for developing new tooling methods, building innovative tools and revamping tooling standards to reduce production costs are the main duties of this job. Researching new suppliers and tooling concepts is required. Project scheduling to test new tools and processes is part of the job. Engineer will coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, minimize product defects, and minimize cost.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, or other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, or maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to maintenance crew.
- Study industrial processes to determine where and how application of equipment can be made.
- Provide feedback to design engineers on customer problems or needs.
- Perform personnel functions such as supervision of production workers, technicians, technologists and other engineers, or design of evaluation programs.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Design test control apparatus or equipment or develop procedures for testing products.
- Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
- Estimate costs and submit bids for engineering, construction, or extraction projects, and prepare contract documents.
- Apply engineering principles or practices to emerging fields, such as robotics, waste management, or biomedical engineering.