Our Pre-Owned Advisors are a key part of our mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable transportation. Tesla Motors Inc. is looking to reinvent the pre-owned car buying experience, and we are looking for innovators to help us in this endeavour. As a Pre-owned Advisor for Tesla Motors, you will have the opportunity to deliver on our pre-owned sales strategy. A Pre-owned Advisor will partner with local sales, service, and remarketing team members to revolutionize the customer experience around purchasing a pre-owned car.
You will work closely alongside many different disciplines, but as a Pre-owned Advisor your true north is customer delight and sales results. A sharpened sense of ownership, swift implementation, and scrappiness is required. The best candidate for this role is equally comfortable as an individual contributor as they are in an all hands on deck environment. We move fast... and continual improvement is important. You must be prepared to learn on your feet and build a foundation for this rapidly growing business function.
· Develop amazing customer relationships on the sales floor and during test-drive experiences to ultimately create a brand experience customers will recommend to their friends
· Prepare cars and monitor fleet health to ensure they maintain a clean and quality state for sale at all times, even if deployed as a company use vehicle.
· Track to a 30-day or less turn-rate in the sale of pre-owned inventory.
· Follow up through phone and email to introduce and promote relevant features, articles and news with customers to aid in influencing their decision to go electric
· Display creativity / ingenuity in presenting possible solutions (financial, technical, lifestyle, practical) to customers who are considering but are also uncertain about going electric
· Define best practices for sales and deliveries of pre-owned vehicles together with the Regional Remarketing Specialist
· Assist with pre-owned vehicle inventory management, including updating the pre-owned vehicle database to ensure accuracy of information and images
· Execute on all business dealings in a way that represents Tesla by creating a superior ownership experience
· Manage pipeline and manage customer in-bound interest in persistent manner, while also searching for business in an extensive pool of sales leads existing within the Tesla database.
· Assist in monitoring program profitability will act as a liaison between sales, service, delivery, and admin functions to ensure a pain-free transaction.
· Present key findings and data to Regional Remarketing Specialist
· Collaboration with the owner advisor team is vital as we will work together as consultants to determine the best path for our customers. Pre-Owned sales should complement new car sales and at no time compete with them.
· Your performance will be measured by your ability to manage a robust pipeline of potential customer opportunities, follow up with that pipeline through phone and e-mail, execute test drives, maintain excellent customer satisfaction ratings and ultimately create new Tesla owners
Employees in the following states must have or obtain appropriate licensing for Motor Vehicle Sales:
• North Carolina
• Washington, D.C.
Employees in the following states must have or obtain appropriate licensing for Energy Sales:
• New York (NYC, Nassau and Suffolk counties only)
• Washington, D.C.
Tesla will provide guidance and monetary assistance in obtaining licenses. Licensing process must be initiated by the third week of employment. Failure to obtain a license by the second month of employment will result in termination.