Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements to obtain a Security Clearance for access to classified information. An Active Secret Clearance is desired.
Our client’s Air Traffic Control Systems Group develops weather analysis and forecast capabilities for aviation efficiency and safety. The Group seeks to expand a synthetic weather radar capability from US to global coverage for worldwide aviation operations. This requisition is for a software programmer to i) develop web applications to display global synthetic radar and forecasts and ii) to support algorithm development in support of US Air Force global aviation operations.
Position Scope/Job Functions:
- Participate on a weather product development team and be responsible for developing web applications for product display
- Design new web applications using modern frameworks and practices
- Participate in developing algorithms in conjunction with large weather data sets
- Develop test framework to ensure functionality of web applications and algorithms
- Develop supporting documentation for web applications and algorithms
- Assist in installing algorithms on real-time prototype systems.
The candidate will have:
- Strong understanding of web application development within a Linux environment
- Experience working in a team environment and ability to set priorities, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with developing object-oriented software
- Ability to develop and modify code for real-time rapid prototyping and evaluation
- Proficiency with Python, C/C++, Java, shell scripting
- Experience generating algorithm documentation
- Good written and oral communication skills
The preferred candidate will have:
- Experience with mapping libraries such as Leaflet and Geographic Information Systems
- A background that includes mathematics, machine learning, and image processing
BS plus 1 year minimum experience, Associates Degree plus 2 years minimum experience, or Technical School Certificate plus 3 years minimum experience
POST-OFFER BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIRED. An essential function of this job is physical attendance. Digital Prospectors is an Equal Opportunity Employer which includes providing equal employment opportunity for all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Our client, one of the most prestigious Research and Development Labs in the country, is working on solutions to our nation's most complex defense and commercial related challenges. We have placed hundreds of talented engineers with this client over the years - If you are qualified - we can get you in!!!
The mission is critical and the work is as cutting-edge as it is rewarding. The teams are superbly managed groups of world class engineers from all types of interesting and diverse backgrounds - AND THEY ARE HIRING!
Make this your next career move as one of our many long-term contractors or employees!
Work as our full-time employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement, etc.) - OR - work as a W2 hourly contractor at a higher pay rate if you don't need the benefit package.
ABOUT DIGITAL PROSPECTORS:
Founded in 1999, Digital Prospectors is an award-winning recruiting and consulting firm that specializes in placing contract, contract-to-hire and direct hire engineers into rewarding opportunities with our impressive and ever-growing client base. We believe that all people should love their jobs.
Come see why Digital Prospectors has been voted “Best Staffing Firm to Temp For” by Staffing Industry Analysts, "Best of Staffing" for candidate satisfaction by Inavero / CareerBuilder.com, "Top Temporary Placement Firm" by Boston Business Journal, "Best Company To Work For" by Business NH magazine, "Excellence in IT and Engineering Staffing” by TechServe Alliance, "Top IT Services Company" by Inc. Magazine, "Most Reliable Staffing Agency" in Forbes Magazine and "Top Ranked Staffing Firm" by Staffing Industry Analysts.