Easterseals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 4, 2017

2.5

Foster Grandparent/Champions for Children Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easterseals (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I went into the interview and the hiring manger was very nice. She told me in dept about hiring position and what the job entailed. I thought that the interview went great, but 2 weeks past and I had not heard back from the hiring program director nor HR. I emailed the director about 3 times and called her once with a voicemail. On my 3rd time mailing her HR finally emailed me a decline letter a few minutes after. It was not very professional how many times I had to follow up with no answer back. I would have probably never been updated had I kept sending emails.

Interview Questions

• Why would I be a good fit for the organization?   2 Answers

Youth Support Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Easterseals (Manchester, NH).

Interview

The interview was informal and easy. Questions were generic and straight forward. They seemed willing to hire anybody with the right credentials and a good attitude. The interviewers were two managers who interviewed me in a small office space.

Interview Questions

• Are you capable of working hands on with special needs clients?   Answer Question

Regional Clinical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easterseals (Valencia, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online through the recruitment department. Was given a call back that same day. An interview was scheduled about 3 weeks after I applied. 1 to 1 interview. Was asked many questions about my background and previous employment. Also was asked questions regarding how I would respond if I was given a directive that I did not agree with. Was given the impression that the organization wanted a person for the position that would strictly follow orders.

Interview Questions

• How much notice would you give if you were to leave the position?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about working with minimal oversight?   1 Answer
    • How would you respond if your coworkers were gossiping about your superior?   1 Answer

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Easterseals (Ankeny, IA).

Interview

Only went to screening interview. I ended the process due to lower than expected salary. Almost all the questions were behavioral "tell me about a time you...." The interviewer was friendly, and said she would keep my application on file if something at a higher level opened up.

Administrative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterbury, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Easterseals (Waterbury, CT).

Interview

I had two phone interviews and was asked to travel to Connecticut for a third in-person interview. Met with CEO and later group interview with other senior staff, including HR, CFO/COO, Administrative Director of another division, and a Program Director who would be a direct report. Very little small talk. I was asked mostly questions which were answered on my resume. All those interviewing had a copy of my resume. I sensed that the group made up their minds about my eligibility for the position within moments of meeting me.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of a time you collaborated with others.   1 Answer

Speech Language Pathologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easterseals (New York, NY).

Interview

Process was typical of that for a school who in desperate need to fill the SLP slot. The directors did offered insight on what a typical day would look like and answered all questions throughly.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

Easy and quick interview. Everyone was nice and supportive through interview process. I received call back rather quickly and was updated frequently. Amazing recruiters that care. Simple and easy interview overall.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Easterseals (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was conducted in an easy format. It felt like a friendly and easy going place to work at if I should get the job. There were no surprises during the whole interview process.

Paraprofessional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Easterseals (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They have you shadow for half day or so in a specific classroom that most likely you will be placed in. They will also try to start you off with low hourly rate but I negotiated 3x and got a higher rate than many of the other paras BUT I firmly believe I was underpaid based on my related work experience.
    They also do NOT tell you that before you begin you have to spend over $100 on a certification in order to work there which is messed up. They tell you after you've been hired and still offer a low ball hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with special needs? If yes, explain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated 3x and eventually the hiring lady said I reviewed your resume again and will offer you this rate. Like you didnt review it before? Why do I have to fight with you to offer me a salary I deserve based on my credentials and related experience????

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Easterseals.

Interview

You wait at the waiting room and they call you one by one. You have a 1:1 interview with the clinical supervisor and ask you series of questions. If they like you, they send you straight to the HR. The HR calls you back in couple of days to discuss salary.