Easterseals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Easterseals Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2018

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Easterseals.

Interview

Hiring Process was relatively easy. Phone screening first to determine if you are a reputable candidate and ask questions primarily on your experience and what personality you have, then a second interview takes place at the office and your offer will be made immediately or in a couple days depending if there are other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What makes you believe you are a good representative for this organization?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Easterseals (Greensboro, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. I applied by sending my email to the group home supervisor. They responded to me within two weeks. I had a phone interview then was asked to come in for a face to face interview. Asked about my background and told me a little about the job and asked if I'd be comfortable with it. Maybe a week or two later I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Easterseals (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They have you shadow for half day or so in a specific classroom that most likely you will be placed in. They will also try to start you off with low hourly rate but I negotiated 3x and got a higher rate than many of the other paras BUT I firmly believe I was underpaid based on my related work experience.
    They also do NOT tell you that before you begin you have to spend over $100 on a certification in order to work there which is messed up. They tell you after you've been hired and still offer a low ball hourly rate.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with special needs? If yes, explain.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated 3x and eventually the hiring lady said I reviewed your resume again and will offer you this rate. Like you didnt review it before? Why do I have to fight with you to offer me a salary I deserve based on my credentials and related experience????

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Easterseals (Charlotte, NC) in June 2014.

Interview

go over resume and qualifications, sign paperwork, then you are told your salary, benefits and gas milage.go over resume and qualifications, sign paperwork, then you are told your salary, benefits and gas milage.go over resume and qualifications, sign paperwork, then you are told your salary, benefits and gas milage.go over resume and qualifications, sign paperwork, then you are told your salary, benefits and gas milage

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with the special needs population?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations for an entry level position

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easterseals.

Interview

I went to the open interviews for Easter Seals. It was an enjoyable, down to earth interview. The next day I got a chance to observe the classrooms and meet the great staff and students.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where a child is calling you the worst name you can imagine?   Answer Question

Paraprofessional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Easterseals in July 2012.

Interview

I initially applied online then came in for the interview. They asked me about my experience and to tell a little bit about myself. The rest of the interview was just information given about the company and job description. They asked me if I felt comfortable with what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions, it was one of the most laid back interviews Ive ever had.   Answer Question

Assistant Teacher Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Easterseals in January 2016.

Interview

I was placed in a classroom to be observed. The purpose was to see if I could effectively and efficiently interact with children, teachers, and parents in a toddler setting.

Interview Questions

• What credentials do you have?   1 Answer

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Easterseals in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed for an interview within a few days. I went in for the interview which was very easy going, more like a conversation. I was offered a job over the phone a few days later.

Lead Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Easterseals (Atlanta, GA) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview 1st it was basically an introduction of the job. face to face they read off an question air 2 person interview very easy if you have a degree in education or have worked with children 1 lady was well knowledgeable about the company the other lady was a tag along she took a lot of notes

Interview Questions

• easy all about what when and how to handle and situation dealing with parents staff and children.   Answer Question

Special Education Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Easterseals (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process in well thought out. First there is a phone interview. Then there is a panel interview with other teachers and administrators. They will go around the table and ask you various questions about your teaching experience, knowledge on best practice, and answers to scenarios. You then have a task to complete that entails preparing a lesson and teaching it in form of a group of students.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part in the task of teaching the lesson as the students have unexpected behaviors at times. Ask ahead of time to be put in contact with the students to best learn about their students. This will help you to prepare.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will offer it based on your years of teaching and education level but there is no lane or step system.