Trustwave Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trustwave Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2018

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trustwave.

Interview

I got a call from one of the recruiters. They did not move forward with the interview because they needed someone right away and I was graduating in the following semester.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Trustwave.

Interview

There are totally two phone interview, one project review and one onsite review. The first phone interview just let the hr know your general background and your expectations, then the second associates with techniques especially on database, design patterns. Then if you pass through it, you get a chance to show your best project, I presents my java project. Finally, you come into the onsite interview, which includes three people, all for techniques, including data structure, java domain knowledge, design patterns. Generally, it's not very hard, if you know something about this field, you can pass it.

Interview Questions

• Design patterns, you need to give designs according to their questions. But if you have read the head first design patterns, then you can handle it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trustwave.

Interview

Had two interviews within a week. One was a quick screening interview. The other was a 45 min interview of trivia type questions about java, databases, and OO programming.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Denver, CO) in March 2012.

Interview

Technical Phone screen (2nd hardest part) then if that passes you get a programming problem (hardest part) then if that is good you get a face to face with multiple people (not to tough).

Interview Questions

• The programming problem was difficult because you must show programming prowess without overengineering the problem because it is simple, oh yeah it has to work too.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online with an employee/friend referral. Communication was pretty slow and unprofessional. Phone screen, then homework assignment, then in-person interview. All the steps went really well, I didn't stumble over any questions. In fact they had to make up harder ones and it turned into a fun conversation. Anyway, I was supposed to hear back with an offer in a day or two. I followed up 10 days later and heard back 14 days later that the engineering team thought highly of me but that there wasn't a fit at this time. I asked for a call with HR later, and they confirmed that I passed the interviews just fine but that they didn't have a fitting role for me. What a giant waste of my time and effort.

Interview Questions

• Primarily java 101, turn your homework into a DB, and design patterns.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trustwave in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. The recruiter asked questions about my resume, past experience and projects. Did not get a followup email or a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview talking about my resume and my plans for after graduation. After that my resume was sent to the dev teams but we did not proceed any farther.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screen interview where I was asked about my experience and was given a description bout the next steps that included: another phone screen interview over the phone, a technical interview over the phone and a week project to finish. If all passed, an on-site interview would take place to discuss the project overall and how will I fit in the company.

The second phone screen interview did not take place since the HR Manager forgot about it. After scheduling it for the second time, we talked for less then 3 minutes as all he wanted to know if I have any additional questions.

The phone technical interview did not take place on time as the engineer was busy with another issue on hand. He called me back over an hour later. After a brief introduction and a detail description about the position, he asked me 3 technical questions which I have answered fully.

After the phone technical interview , I have not received any further communication from the company. The whole process took 4 weeks and was handled very unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between "Overload" and "Override" in Software Development,   1 Answer
    • What type of design patterns do you know? Can you describe one or two of them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had a "behavioral" interview with a recruiter on the phone. The conversation asked about my previous work experience and education. Then, I had a technical, over the phone interview, asking me some more specific questions about my CS/programming knowledge. After this, I was given a project to complete in a few days which involved programming a small application in Java. After this, I had an on-site interview where I reviewed my project submission and worked to improve it with the software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Create a small java application based on given requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied on their site and got an email from the recruiter to schedule a time for a call. I replied to him/her the same day stating the times I was available. Then followed up next day, but never heard back.
    A month later got an automated email saying that they are moving on with other candidates.