Trustwave Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.8

SME Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I submitted my application on a Thursday & had a scheduled phone interview by Monday for later that week. I studied up on the company & knew it was somewhere I absolutely wanted to work. The HR rep who interviewed me on the phone was incredibly helpful, clarified that the job would be a good fit for me. He made himself available for me to reach out to if I had questions or wanted to follow up. I had an onsite interview with four managers a week after my phone interview. In total between the application & offer the total time it took was two & a half weeks. Everyone from Trustwave I spoke to was very friendly & open to answering questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

The entire process was great. Mike is a great guy who knows a lot about the entire hiring process. He is very dependable and helpful. A great company recruitment process overall.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied and quickly was contacted for a first round interview with the recruiting team manager. I did well, and then had a conversation with a recruiting program manager. That conversation was fantastic, and we were able to connect on past experiences. It was definitely challenging, and the questions asked were very thorough. I felt that I was able to really explain all faucets of my previous recruiting experience. I would highly recommend Trustwave. I had a final round interview onsite, but I ended up accepting an offer with a tight deadline. I would have been very happy to continue. The role sounded challenging (which is great), but with quite a lot of support.

Interview Questions

• Sourcing questions, how you source and your thought process on finding candidates.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trustwave in January 2017.

Interview

Went through a behavioral phone interview, and then an onsite. They were very friendly and it was a casual atmosphere. They had a ping pong table in the break room.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

After I have submitted my resume, it took the company a month to call me back. The phone interview lasted an hour. The guy asked specific technical questions about architecture patterns, Java, etc. After that, they invited me to do a programming assignment. They sent me requirements in PDF format. It was three pages of text and output examples. The explanation of the task was not clear, but the task was relatively simple.

After reviewing my code, the hiring manager sent me an email claiming that my code did not pass the test because the program does not satisfy the provided requirements. I have tested the program again, and I could not reproduce any of the issues mentioned in the email. I sent a note back and asked to explain the reason for failing my code. I never received any response.

Interview Questions

• What is a microservice and how it is different from a web service?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trustwave.

Interview

Came in for an needed position as they are booking a lot of new business and will need more heads to fill space. Interview with manager and senior and head of finance. Everyone had good questions mix of behavioral and resume questions. Conversational and straight forward. Good people, great backgrounds, team attitude.

Interview Questions

Better offer from firm I could not pass up.

SME Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied directly on the Trustwave website and received an email from one of their internal recruiters within 48 hours about setting up the first phone screen with him. The call with him took about an hour where he was asking about my experience, why sales, and my career goals.

After that we scheduled an onsite interview where I met with 2 of the Sales Managers for roughly 2 hours. In the beginning, they drilled on me on how much I knew about Trustwave's history and their products. After that they asked me what I did in my previous role and what I thought I could bring to the table.

I wrote a Thank You letter that night and sent it to the recruiter to forward to the managers I had interviewed with. He contacted me the next day to extend a verbal offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Trustwave and our products?   Answer Question
    • What did you do in your previous roles?   Answer Question
    • What sales training have you received in your career thus far? What metrics were you held to? How comfortable are you with cold calling?   1 Answer

SME Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview and then one in person interview with multiple managers asking your basic interview questions. Pretty standard interview process. No random off the wall questions to try and trip you up. Just know the history of trustwave and the industry and you'll be fine

Interview Questions

• What makes you a great candidate?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied it through company employee referral. Took a week for HR to get back to me. Actually there was no job description about this role, during initial phone call, HR said they "constantly" looking for tech guy. That sorted of raised a flag, I mean do they want hire people or not? What do u mean "constantly"? U guys interview people just for fun? One week later I got a tech screen, after some fundamental questions, the guy asked lots of scenario based questions which I have never heard of. Like what is a lazy loading exception? I think these guys don't want to find a developer, they are looking for a technology dictionary. They wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• What is a lazy loading exception? How does binary search tree works? Why we rarely overwrite hashcode() if we use object as key for a hashmap? (He was wrong because its common sense If you override equals you should always override hashcode() method)   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Trustwave (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Submitted info via linked-in and was contacted for phone screen within a few days. The interviewer didn't acknowledge the availability I suggested. We landed on a date and then she rescheduled the call several times.

Interview Questions

• What's up? - Seriously that was the only question she had. I was prepared for an interview and it turned out to be a total waste of time.   1 Answer