Trustwave Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Trustwave Interview Questions

Interviews at Trustwave

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone screen with hr, phone interview with a senior engineer, then a take home coding challenge involving text manipulation. It appeared that their coding challenge was something out of a high school programming fundamentals text book. This was a huge waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Create an automatic coffee dispensing application with a text interface...   Answer Question
    • All experience related questions with a senior engineer.   Answer Question

Senior Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (New York, NY) in June 2018.

Interview

Initial phone screen, two webexes with the technical team, and a final follow up from the recruiter.

I found it very challenging to find two contiguous blocks of time in my already busy work schedule to perform these interviews, but I made it work.

The questions seemed largely ad-hoc. I didn't feel as if they gave me time to talk about what I knew. Rather than talk about what unique abilities I could bring to the table, I felt as if I was being pressured to already have had a focus area within the narrow field of penetration testing. To me, I got the impression they were trying to replace someone, rather than listen to what an outsider's vision of the practice areas could be.

Interview Questions

• Describe your testing methodology.   Answer Question
    • What is one thing you tried during a test, but it was not successful?   Answer Question
    • What would be a typical finding from a Mobile application penetration test? How do you remediate this?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave in May 2018.

Interview

First round is with HR, who will go over the position, salary, your skills, and answer any questions. Second round with Senior Software Engineer who was easy going, helped expanding some questions and throwing some hints when needed.

Interview Questions

Trustwave Response

Senior Role Interview

Interview

I applied and was contacted very quickly which was great but this is where the positive experience ended. I had a phone screen with a junior recruiter who said they wanted to move me forward in the process and would contact me in two days to provide an update because they prided themselves on knowing how important the candidate experience is when recruiting. Well, two days later, nothing. I followed up with an email one week later and still no reply. This is beyond rude. If I'm not the right person for the role, just send me an email at the very least. This is they type of recruiter behavior that frustrates people, but even worse, hurts the brand of a company. Because of my "candidate experience" I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an accomplishment you've had in your career that you are proud of   Answer Question

Feb 20, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you took to weigh in as we are always trying to improve our process. The candidate experience is extremely important to our team and we strive to connect with candidates in a timely manner. We diligently track our candidate activity to ensure each person receives a response. If you would like to discuss further, I'd be happy to connect.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trustwave in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, and scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. The phone interview was about 15 minutes long. The recruiter asked questions about my resume, past experience and projects. Did not get a followup email or a call back.

Interview Questions

Trustwave Response

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Brief phone interview talking about my resume and my plans for after graduation. After that my resume was sent to the dev teams but we did not proceed any farther.

Interview Questions

Trustwave Response

LMS Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone screen was first by recruiter then manager who was in Canada for a call a conference call with someone in Colorado. Basic questions about skills and background using Storyline 360 to develop materials. Asked my graphic skills but did not ask to provide any samples.

Interview Questions

Trustwave Response

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Trustwave in August 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with internal recruiter, second and third round phone interview with management, on site interview with team. The interview process spanned several months due to lack of communication on recruiters end and several missed and rescheduled interviews. One of the worst interview processes that I've experienced.

Interview Questions

• Most situational questions and some questions abut my background.   Answer Question

Field Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

I was interviewing remotely, so the interview process consisted of 3 phone calls - a phone screen with the recruiter, phone interview with the hiring manager, and phone interview with two sales managers. The questions revolved around my experience working with sales teams, planning and coordinating sales events, and general marketing experience. Nothing out of the ordinary.

I learned that the role itself is mainly sales support either coordinating sales events for the sales team or sending out prospect emails on behalf of the sales team. This is not a corporate marketing role (you will not be directly involved in social media, website, etc. but rather working closely with the sales team).

The contact with the recruiter went well enough for the first few weeks, but dropped off after the third phone interview. Even though I was told that I was a "top candidate" and that they would be making a decision within a week or two after my last interview, I never heard back. I only learned that I didn't get the job by checking my Jobvite job candidate account. I would've at the very least appreciated a rejection email. The job is still posted on their website though, so it appears at though they are still interviewing other candidates. I would not recommend interviewing with this company - they clearly don't take their interview process seriously.

Interview Questions

Trustwave Response

Jan 11, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback. We take our interview process very seriously and do apologize if you had a less than stellar experience. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration as we are always open to suggestions on how we may improve.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trustwave (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with an initial phone screen interview where I was asked about my experience and was given a description bout the next steps that included: another phone screen interview over the phone, a technical interview over the phone and a week project to finish. If all passed, an on-site interview would take place to discuss the project overall and how will I fit in the company.

The second phone screen interview did not take place since the HR Manager forgot about it. After scheduling it for the second time, we talked for less then 3 minutes as all he wanted to know if I have any additional questions.

The phone technical interview did not take place on time as the engineer was busy with another issue on hand. He called me back over an hour later. After a brief introduction and a detail description about the position, he asked me 3 technical questions which I have answered fully.

After the phone technical interview , I have not received any further communication from the company. The whole process took 4 weeks and was handled very unprofessionally.

Interview Questions

• Describe the difference between "Overload" and "Override" in Software Development,   1 Answer
    • What type of design patterns do you know? Can you describe one or two of them?   1 Answer