Valvoline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Valvoline

2.2

Talent Acquisition Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Valvoline (Lexington, KY) in December 2019.

Interview

There where a brief phone interview followed by to rounds of video interviews. It was very pleasant and conversational. Overall, it was a great experience where they were encouraging and pleasant. They kept you informed of the steps moving forward and were okay about following up.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   2 Answers
    • What are your technical skills?   1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

good interview, 2 rounds of interview. final round was with 3 senior vice presidents, each lasting 1 hour. did not ask any technical questions. it was more of a behavioral interview.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valvoline (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2019.

Interview

Sent in Resume, received an email requesting me to interview with them. We set up a time and never received a call. I emailed and called both to make sure I did not get my wires crossed. Never heard back then a few days later I sent an email to them again and was told they are hiring someone else. Yet I never had a chance to interview as they stood me up. I felt the lack of an email to inform me that we were not meeting at least the next day would of been a fair request

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olathe, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Valvoline (Olathe, KS) in April 2019.

Interview

I was called within a couple minutes of submitting my application online, and we scheduled an interview for the next day.
    The first interview was very easy, nothing out of the ordinary question-wise.
    The second interview was a little harder, but still nothing too difficult

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be good at this job?   1 Answer

Automotive Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valvoline (Fort Collins, CO) in March 2019.

Interview

They asked about 5 questions. Ever been a mentor, who are your inspirations, where do you see yourself in 6 months, what do you know about the company and tell me about yourself.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valvoline (Lansing, MI).

Interview

Quick and easy process. I interviewed and the manager called to offer me the job by the time I got home. Didn’t take long, questions were easy and straightforward. 10 min interview. Very simple.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Different situational type questions and behavior questions as well like what would you do if you had to deal with an upset customer. Nothing difficult. Manager was friendly and put me at ease for the interview so I wasn’t nervous at all. Super comfortable and the questions were very straightforward. Awesome.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

Online application and had a phone screen immediately. Interview was the next day and got hired. The whole process was very friendly and professional. Once I started the training started also and I moved up quickly in the company.

Lube Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Valvoline (Kansas City, MO) in February 2019.

Interview

They would ask a lot of questions related to your experience, skills, and job (such as why you want this job, what would you do, and etc). I met with a regional manager, HR manager, and the shop manager.

Anonymous Employee in Belton, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valvoline (Belton, MO) in January 2019.

Interview

Was sat down in the lobby area, asked about my work ethic, and whether or not I was able to lift 50 lbs or so, then was walked to the back office, where I was shown a "project chart." Then, manager spoke very poorly of some employees while speaking very highly of others.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valvoline (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview was informal and went well. Was offered a job on the spot. However.....Caution....I advised the hiring manager of my available start date and was told to report for training in 2 weeks after my notice was given. When I arrived for training there was no training happening and hiring manager was not available to speak with. Left several messages over the next 3 days and never got a call back as to when I could start. They left me with no job because I had already quit my other employer and never did receive a call back. I am grateful that I found other employment quickly and knowing now how little respect they have for people I am glad I don't work there.

Interview Questions

• Mostly entailed working conditions and a brief overview of the position.   Answer Question