Valvoline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

Sort:

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Valvoline (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

The best interview yet! The whole process was very genuine. Meeting the qualifications is screened prior to the interview. The actual interview is organized to understand how well you will fit in with the organization and its future growth plans.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

Very easy going just asked basic questions about experience and what you have planned for your future.No difficult questions were asked. Just wanted to see what experience I had and how I can apply it to Valvoline Instant Oil Change.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Valvoline.

Interview

Very fast. Submitted application via e-mail. Got phone call from HR within a few days. Interviewed with store manager 2 days later. Hired on the spot

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy a fast pace environment in bad weather?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Milford, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valvoline (Milford, OH) in July 2011.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. You typically will have a phone interview, and then an in person interview. Questions such as, "Why do you wanna work here?", "Have any experience around cars?", "Name 3 traits you would give yourself." Not too hard of questions. Just relax. Dress business casual. Generally the people who interviewed me were nice and not too harsh.

Interview Questions

• "Are you able sell services to customers without pressuring them to do so?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations. You start out what they set.

Anonymous Employee in Marion, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valvoline (Marion, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

First a phone interview with basic questions of automotive, customer service, and sales experience. Second interview with Store Manager. This will have more in depth questions relating to your experience and they will explain more about the position's pay and benefits package. Third interview is with the Store Manager and Area Manager. At this point it's mainly repetition of the second interview. If you got this far the Store manager thinks you're a good candidate and you're there to prove the same to the Area Manager. All three interviews happen over a pretty short period of time, about a week or two. They are willing to train, but you should plan on answering how you would deal with customer service and sales situations. It is definitely preferred that you have some mechanical experience, even if it is not professional. You can explain minor vehicle repairs you have made to your own cars.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that sets you apart from other candidates and how would you use these skills?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Unless you have prior supervisor experience you shouldn't expect anything other than starting at an entry-level position with entry-level pay, following their training program, and working your way up.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valvoline (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Application Process is online only and there is a database that keeps your application. I did not need to submit a resume to get this job.

I was contacted by phone saying that I was being considered for the job, and was asked to set up a phone interview.

The phone interview was comfortable and the questions were easy. They ranged from my experience working on or around vehicles, to how comfortable I would be working in extreme conditions. If you are open, honest and want the job, this will go fine. I admitted to never having worked on cars, but was willing to undergo training, and willing to work in extreme temperature conditions. I was then asked to come in for an interview.

The interview explained the responsibilities of the job, the training process, the pay, etc. I was shown around the shop and all of my questions were entertained. I was told on the spot that I got the job, and was given login information.

Interview Questions

• Will you be comfortable working in extreme temperature conditions? Will you be comfortable working in an all-male environment?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Previous pay was asked, but negotiation is minimal. Different levels of certification receive different pay.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valvoline (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview at the store i would be working with manager. Second interview at different store. Third one at corporate office. Also had to speak with recruiter and take a drug test as well.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Valvoline (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Simple questions about what experience i had with the automotive industry. A thirty minute one on one interview. Then a drug test following the interview. The manager called me the next day offering me the position/].

Senior Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Valvoline in March 2012.

Interview

Interviews are very easy and run of the mill. Experience is not required at this job so it is more of a history and them trying to feel you out as a future employee. They are very interested in your past work experience and any gaps in your work history.

IT Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Valvoline (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR asking if I had time to come by for an interview the next day and I gladly obliged. Interviewed with the owner, director of IT, and sales manager in the conference room. It took about 15-20 minutes for the interview and I went on my way, respectfully of course. Next day, got the job offer and I put in my two week notice later that day with my current employer.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job?   1 Answer