Cover image for AmTrust Financial

Current Employee

Claims Adjuster

Oct 3, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay. Decent benefits. Reasonable hours. Easy to get time off approved. Additional paid holidays. Free coffee!

Cons

Lack of training. Systems are not user friendly.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Focus on the important things

Jan 26, 2023 - Senior Actuarial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work/life balance, diversity is a real priority, and moving forwards into a greener space is becoming a high priority as well. Definitely moving in the right direction.

Cons

I don’t know yet. I’ll let you know when I figure some out.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Works for some people

Jan 22, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salaries tended to be on the higher end for industry standards. If they like you enough, you’ll be taken care of for a while. They have the two extremes. Horrible retention balanced by lifers.

Cons

If you’re in NYC, it’s definitely an “us” “them” treatment. You can look up what this means to AmTrust. Management tends to have a zero tolerance for listening, it is a very top-down company. Collaboration is seen as a waste of time, and at best they see collaboration as employees giving ideas on how to execute management’s demands. I’ve never seen less accountability in my life with adults in a professional setting. Tons of inappropriate workplace gossip, and I’ve seen this in various departments. If the management is not performing, they’re not asked to leave, they are asked to fire every one out from under them and start over in my opinion and observation to all of these points.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about AmTrust Financial.

AmTrust Financial Careers

Cover image for AmTrust Financial

Who We Are AmTrust maintains an unsurpassed commitment to customer care and employee success. Our company’s accelerated growth rate has...More

• Our Difference