Cover image for AmTrust Financial

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Glad to Be Here

Oct 3, 2017 - Underwriting Assistant in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working as an Underwriting Assistant has been such a great experience. The first day I was welcomed with a work space that was ready to go, I had training assigned and Neli from the Tech Dept was here to help with any sign on issues. Within the first 5 days of being here I had knowledge of my full job and basic training. In the first 90 days I've been welcomed and trained in a low stress environment. I believe I will be at AmTurst for the long haul.

Cons

Some terms were not explained, training has been slow

2 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Focus on the important things

Jan 26, 2023 - Senior Actuarial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good work/life balance, diversity is a real priority, and moving forwards into a greener space is becoming a high priority as well. Definitely moving in the right direction.

Cons

I don’t know yet. I’ll let you know when I figure some out.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Works for some people

Jan 22, 2023 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salaries tended to be on the higher end for industry standards. If they like you enough, you’ll be taken care of for a while. They have the two extremes. Horrible retention balanced by lifers.

Cons

If you’re in NYC, it’s definitely an “us” “them” treatment. You can look up what this means to AmTrust. Management tends to have a zero tolerance for listening, it is a very top-down company. Collaboration is seen as a waste of time, and at best they see collaboration as employees giving ideas on how to execute management’s demands. I’ve never seen less accountability in my life with adults in a professional setting. Tons of inappropriate workplace gossip, and I’ve seen this in various departments. If the management is not performing, they’re not asked to leave, they are asked to fire every one out from under them and start over in my opinion and observation to all of these points.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about AmTrust Financial.

AmTrust Financial Careers

Cover image for AmTrust Financial

Who We Are AmTrust maintains an unsurpassed commitment to customer care and employee success. Our company’s accelerated growth rate has...More

• Our Difference