Cisco Systems - Great training program at a wonderful company | Glassdoor
  1. "Great training program at a wonderful company"

Current Employee - Associate Systems Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Cisco invests a ton in you, tons of study resources, months of training, great benefits, holidays off, 20 days PTO per year, 5 Volunteer days off, wonderful benefits

Cons

Not much insurance coverage for Diabetes treatment options

Advice to Management

Cisco will take as much from you as you want to give, so it is easy to let your job take up most of your time. Set limits.

Cisco Systems2019-10-08
  1. "great company for Asian, especially for Indian or on H1-visa"

Current Employee - Tech Lead in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cisco Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Feel like home because most of the leadership are Indian. If you are Indian and on the right food-chain, you will move up faster because we have strong alley here. Good balance of work and life. We have extremely loyal customers. Friendly environment to H1-visa holders. Presentation and Talk is more important than building things because we buy instead of build.

Cons

Overall compensation is not as good as top tier companies like Google, FB. However, hourly rate is better than Google, FB because on average you work less than 6 hours because most of the products are extremely mature. Take around 6+ years to get a green card. Annual layoff. Luckily, most of time they don't cut H1-visa holder. Too many reorg, sometimes it takes longer to move up.

Cisco Systems2020-01-25
  2. "Best place to work!!"

Current Contractor - Data Analyst

I have been working at Cisco Systems for more than 10 years

Pros

Magnificent training opportunities for professional and personal development.

Cons

Layoffs. Contract employees don't get benefits directly from Cisco. Benefits through the agencies are extremely high with huge deductibles.

Advice to Management

Opportunity for Red badge conversion to Blue badge after 1 year of excellent performance. Offer PTO incentives.

Cisco Systems2020-01-21

Discover more reviews about Cisco Systems.