Hyperloop Transportation Technologies - No guidance or leadership | Glassdoor

"No guidance or leadership"

I worked at Hyperloop Transportation Technologies

Pros

Work when you want - contribute part time when you like, but over 10 hrs per week. Very enthusiastic bunch of contributors. Its a place where you can contribute or not contribute if busy and still feel a sense of being part of something big. No pressure since there is no pay. It is sold to potential workers that you work for stock options, that could pay off one day (see Cons).

Cons

-Although its a crowdsourced company and they boast hundreds of workers, in reality there are about 25 real contributors who advance the project. -Workers compensated with stock options assuming the company goes public one day. As of mid-2016, no plans to go public. -Company has not raised any significant money, but that could change one day -Not much progress in engineering or anything over long periods of time -Not much incentive to stay engaged.

Advice to Management

Bring in leadership, hire full-time workers. Go public and compensate workers before everyone disappears.

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies2016-07-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Dream Technology"

I have been working at Hyperloop Transportation Technologies full-time

Pros

Great Technology. Friendly environment. cool product.

Cons

no cons. it is startup and like others has its own challenges.

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies2019-12-20

"Good vibe. A bit chaotic."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hyperloop Transportation Technologies part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- 150 stock shares per hour was the base pay - wouldn't let me represent that on the previous input page. Stocks were/are private and hold no immediate monetary value. - The team I worked on was energetic. - The work I did was tailored to my skills and knowledge.

Cons

- Nothing is organized, or if it is, it's not well organized. - Management doesn't use you to your full potential. - Private stock shares aren't worth anything to someone who needs to get paid to eat/pay rent.

Advice to Management

N/A

Hyperloop Transportation Technologies2018-12-21

Discover more reviews about Hyperloop Transportation Technologies.