Twitter - Amazing company culture, massive growth potential and really interesting product. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Twitter

"Amazing company culture, massive growth potential and really interesting product."

Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Technical Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaboration - everyone here is pushing towards a common goal, we all want to see the company grow and become more successful. Wickedly smart people - we have some of the best people in their field but because the culture is so collaborative rarely do those smart people beat you over the head with their intellect. Speed of decision - decisions are made quickly so we can move into execution swiftly, decisions are supported by data but not to excess.

Cons

It is chaotic and shows signs of a company that has gone through some rapid growth. Things often aren't written down and there is a lot of work to do to support this growth. However that is a really exciting con to have to deal with as the company expands and brings onboard talent from other, larger companies there's a danger that the culture will get diluted.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing. The culture here is something you should be proud of, don't let the growth in the company kill that.

Other Employee Reviews for Twitter

"Learned a lot, and met great people!"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Twitter as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot of things from some of the great engineers that work here. The ability to get the opportunity to code and write "clever" code is more encouraged than it is at other companies. Yay Scala!

Cons

I was at their old location when I was working there, but it was not in a good part of town. There new place is supposed to be awesome, though!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, lots of people with similar goals and interests, tools I need to do my job. Often find myself working for the fun of it rather than to keep management happy. Lots of room to move up here.

Cons

Too many people here expecting the world to bend to their whim. Twentitled being a commonly used word. Often working with so many smart people you can get issues with people not being willing to bend because they believe they are right. Often slow to fire problem employees.