Vericrest Financial - I would NEVER go back there | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Vericrest Financial

"I would NEVER go back there"

Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
Former Employee - Loan Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Pretty easy for anyone to land a job at Vericrest; their standards on who they hire are not the most strict out there.

Cons

They rolled out a new incentive plan to make us work harder but receive larger bonuses. Well turns out that we were doing so good and hit all of our numbers that Vericrest decided they were not going to pay out the bonuses as promised. They waited 4 days before the quarter ended to tell us that our bonuses were being cut in half. Then, there was a large layoff in June 2010. People that had worked there for 20+ years were also part of that group. They changed the severance packet in March 2010 (conveniently before the layoffs) and they capped the weeks paid, so all the people that had worked there for a long time were out of luck. They are outsourcing jobs. They also cut our paid time off days to almost half. Now paid time off is for vacation, holiday and sick leave, so must be used wisely. If you don't want the occurrence, you must know that you are going to get sick the next day and to notify your manager 24 hours in advance that you are going to get sick the next day and cannot make it to work. A doctor’s note doesnt help at all. You get an occurrence even if you have accrued paid time off. You get written up if you clock in 1 minute late, even if the old computer froze and you were there on time. You cannot clock in early or you will get reprimanded since there is a strict 40 hour week rule- I really mean 40.0 hours exactly. I actually had a manager go to my time sheet and deduct time to make it a 40 hour even week (happened several times). Oh and I forgot to say that managers micromanage. They only write up the people that they don’t like and let others slide by. Twice during my stay they made a mistake on our paycheck and withheld our pay. It took them a couple of days to correct and pay us. Of course Vericrest didn’t even apologize or reimburse us the late fees we incurred due to their mistake.
This is the only company that I’ve worked for that I would NEVER go back.

Advice to Management

Do a little research on why there is such a high turnover rate in the company. Try treating your employees better so they can stay

Other Employee Reviews for Vericrest Financial

1. "Great experience, with the company and colleagues."

Pros

Approachable management, not cut throat relaxed atmosphere. Plentiful bonus structure, good base salary.

Cons

Not much time off, no sick time given we get 10 hrs of PTO monthly

Advice to Management

N/A

2. "Miserable"

Pros

There were literally no pros

Cons

I need to say everything

Advice to Management

Treat your workers like people and stop firing people only to offer a rehire so you dont have to pay medical