Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Enterprise President and CEO Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
2,295 Ratings

6,344 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 382 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 571 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1334 reviews)

• Long hours cause no work life balance (in 480 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Company and Career"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have been with Enterprise Holdings for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Enterprise is to be a part of. I am currently an Area Manager and just like everybody else in the company started my career as a Management Trainee. The MT program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. The company truly promotes on success. The company truly has an employees first mindset. Our mission statement states that if we take care of our employees and customers then profits will follow and we see that with every action throughout my career. Once you become a manager you have a fantastic ability to increase your own paycheck by being successful. I recently was able to achieve a promotion where the company paid on their own expense to move me and my family across the country.

Cons

The most common complaints we hear initially are the long work weeks. It is a change to be on a 49 hour work week from day 1 but with everything you do throughout the day a 49 hour week goes much quicker than a 40 hour work week at most other jobs. You truly get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Your ability to build your pay plan and truly make an impact in customers and employees as you move up through the company is an amazing opportunity!

"Branch Rental Manager- No Work/Life Balance"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing bad to say about the company in general. The program in exceptional. Move at your pace, and get promoted as quickly as you can. They give you more skills than any other company. Make many lifetime relationships.

Cons

This is not a place for a single parent. People often get promoted based on sales performance numbers, not on whether they are ready to become a manager. Most upper management is exceptional, but some Area Managers have no business in their position, and HR and above will always take their side. Not a place to work if you expect fairness and equality in the workplace. Often left running branches alone, then penalized for complaints from customers or accounts.

Advice to Management

Some management and HR management may need to rerouted to different areas of the business. When people start quitting and getting terminated in single areas, pay attention to the "real" issue. You can not run people into the dirt when they commit their life to the company

3. "Car Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Account Executive - Car Sales in Metairie, LA
    Current Employee - Account Executive - Car Sales in Metairie, LA

I have been working at Enterprise (More than a year)

Pros

Nice opportunity to make money at your own pace, and a lot of opportunity for upward movement

Cons

Must be willing to relocate if you want to reach the top of your career ladder

4. "Learned a lot while getting worked into the ground"

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

The training program is really good. The knowledge is very valuable and transferable to many industries. Recommend for people interested in running a business.

Cons

Retail hours and they are very long. Work/life balance is virtually impossible and don't think about starting a family. Recommend for those early in career but have exit strategy planned.

5. "Automotive Technician"

Current Employee - Automotive Technician in SeaTac, WA
    Current Employee - Automotive Technician in SeaTac, WA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working at Enterprise provides a moderate pressure work environment, helpful in facilitating skill development and work experience of new technicians just out of school. The pay scale is based on number of ASE certifications the technician holds, capping out at a base pay of roughly $28 per hour with yearly pay increases of between 3.5% and 5.5% depending on performance review. Optional benefit packages include Medical, Dental, and life insurance options as well as 401k with up to 3% matched.

Cons

While the pay is above average for new technicians just out of school, it is ultimately low for more experienced technicians. The medical coverage is somewhat poor considering the high out-of-pocket deductible required. The dental coverage is also extremely poor with only 80% coverage and a maximum yearly allowance of $1,000 per person on the plan.

Advice to Management

Performance reviews are weighted almost entirely by repair order counts. This incentivizes fast vehicle repair turnaround times, but does not encourage or reward quality repairs and vehicle comebacks are not calculated into the equation.

6. "Great Opportunity/short"

Current Employee - MA/MT in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - MA/MT in Miami, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company is a hit of miss. you either move up really quick and make it, or you are dropped for poor performance. Relatively short careers.

Cons

LONG HOURS, in a constant stressfull environment.

Advice to Management

40 Hour Week, Life/work Balance importance

7. "management trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Just had my first day... You learn so much so fast and really develop your selling skills and work ethic

Cons

Dont want to say none but not many at alllll

Advice to Management

Rock on

8. "Enterprise"

Current Employee - Group Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Group Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Opportunity, Team culture, promotions based on performance, customers and employees come first.

Cons

At times there are too many balls in the air.

Advice to Management

continued efforts to staff correctly, develop efficient technology, and continued training efforts

9. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Management in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing mentor program. Great training. Opportunity for growth. Healthy competition.

Cons

49 hours/week. Sales performance outweighs leadership ability.

10. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Victorville, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Victorville, CA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Enterprise a little less than two years and have had a fantastic experience. I believe my journey is truly a Cinderella story. In the beginning, I had a few opportunities for growth, but felt hesitant. I then realized, when I reached out for support and guidance from my managers, I began to flourish within the company. Suddenly I was attending rewarding dinners, winning many contests, and paid to go have fun with the Regional Vice President! Once I stepped outside of my comfort zone, I found myself succeeding and advancing quickly. My mentors have been my greatest support system since day one and I am so thankful for all of their help throughout my career at Enterprise. If you had asked me a year ago if I thought I would be an assistant manager, I would have been hesitant to answer. Today I feel confident that if asked a similar question such as, How far do you think you can advance in your career?" there is no doubt in my mind that I will make it to level three in the company. Enterprise has given me the tools to succeed, and has made me a more knowledgeable and a professional business woman.

Cons

Hours could be a little better, but you did get the overtime!

Enterprise Response

Jun 19, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thanks so much for the review, and congrats on your success with Enterprise! I think you brought up a really important point. Asking for help and reaching out for honest feedback is the fastest way ... More

Showing 7,417 of 7,955 reviews