Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
3,552 Ratings

9,473 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great training program for management and sales platform" (in 446 reviews)

• "Performance based company that has a employee/customer service first culture while challenging you to be the best leader" (in 662 reviews)

Cons
  • "work life balance needs improved" (in 1703 reviews)

• "So no work life balance at all I worked at a flagship so there was times i would 65-70 hours with no lunch" (in 584 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Enterprise for 6 years now, and all 6 have been nothing short of rewarding. From the time I started all the way through present time, Enterprise has given me the tools to be successful and rewarded my hard work with the recognition and promotions befit of it. Enterprise is the only company that I know of that only promotes from within while allowing their employees to earn a 6 figure pay based directly off of the hard work and dedication to performance the employee puts forth. And because of promoting only from within, a sense of a fun competitive atmosphere is always present in the branches.

Cons

The cons are limited do to each individuals ideas of importance. For some, work/life balance may be an issue. For others this is not the case. A lot of the perceived cons stem from the branches ability, or lack there of, to properly organize their day and prioritize what is urgent and important. We are also a performance based company, so the ones who are always driven to be the best, tend to put a lot more stress on themselves to perform at a level that is required to be the best.

Advice to Management

Consistency is key. As long as we hold our values and policies as a top priority, being fair and balanced across the board, our employees and company will always reap the benefits.

2. "Enterprise is great"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay starting out especially for college student.

Cons

Long hours, feels like you are there all day.

Advice to Management

Work with higher pay for better hours

"Fantastic opportunities to learn - beware of burnout"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I want to provide a comprehensive review, simply because a lot of the responses on Glassdoor are just short complaints that do not provide very useful information. But before I get into that, a little breakdown of my mindset going in to working at Enterprise:

I knew it was not going to be my forever job from the beginning. I planned to stay for about a year to learn some broad-based skills and then move on to an industry in which I was more interested. A lot of people start working at ERAC with the mindset of only staying at the company for a few years, but it is absolutely an organization that has an "up or out" philosophy. If you're not willing to move up in the company, there's really no point in staying there because of how quickly people promote. If you're someone who doesn't have a problem committing a good portion of their career to one company and gaining significant financial benefits from it, then Enterprise is definitely a good option for you.

1) The People: If you ever decide to work for Enterprise, one of the first things you'll hear about the company is the quality of the employees. And while many of the ERAC mantras can be annoyingly repetitive (area managers and above frequently talk like they’ve been drinking the ERAC Kool-aid for a while), this claim is absolutely true. Enterprise hires some of the most driven, ambitious, intelligent, and genuine young people around, and they really are the strong foundation that makes the company successful.

2) The Leadership: Every single person above you was in your shoes at one point. Thus, they know what kind of garbage you go through with customers, how banal the job can be, and how exhausting it is transitioning from college (or another industry) to a 12-hour a day job. You won't see much of the higher-ups (regional managers and above) as they only pop in every few weeks to say some words of encouragement and check to make sure the branches look clean, but you will interact with your branch and assistant managers on a daily basis. Assuming they're good people and doing their jobs effectively, you will learn a lot from them while you're an MT.

3) The Skillset: You're going to work. A LOT. And you're frequently going to be working with customers who are...horrible people. Like for no reason. But through working with the large amount of people that you will (no matter how good or bad they are) you are going to gain extremely valuable skills to launch your future career - whether that's at Enterprise or somewhere else. Communication, sales, conflict management, strategic thinking, problem-solving; this is just some of what you're going to learn as an MT.

Cons

1) The Hours: Most reviews put this in the “Cons” section and it’s because it’s accurate; you will not have a work/life balance at Enterprise. The minimum expectation is 49 hours/week, which is actually what your targeted salary is based on. You will likely work around 55-60 hours/week, and your branch and assistant managers will work more. Branches are typically open from 7:30am-6:00pm, but most of us are there in the morning at 6:45am-7:00am to wash the cars in preparation for the day. Customers who come in at 6:00pm (and people absolutely will try to come in even if the doors are locked) can also hold you up for another 20-30 minutes. If you’re at an airport location or a flagship branch that is open every day, you will work holidays. If your branch is understaffed, you will not get a lunch.

2) The Work: You’re going to be doing the exact same thing every single day. Checking customers into cars takes up the majority of your time, and while the ability to constantly practice your sales pitch is pretty fun, you’re going to find yourself asking every single customer the exact same questions in an attempt to make conversation and keep up the perception of quality customer service. There’s also a lot of backend work to be done, such as calling customers to verify that they are still planning to come in to pick up a car, coordinating with body shop and dealership locations, and leaving voicemails for customers who picked up a car and haven’t returned it in a few days and now have a balance due even though their card declined. Oh, and don’t forget about cleaning the cars.

3) The Promotional Path: This is actually one of the primary reasons I left Enterprise. There’s very limited options to move beyond daily rental, and you’re really only able to do so after becoming a Branch Manager or above, which generally takes 1.5-3 years to attain. If you want to explore HR, business management, fleet work, or any other departments, you’re going to have to stick with the company for a number of years.

Advice to Management

KEEP BRANCHES FULLY STAFFED! This is honestly my largest complaint about Enterprise: you can’t expect quality customer service at a branch with not enough staff. There’s too much work to do and it’s going to mean customers will have to wait which they HATE. I constantly heard branch and area managers endlessly worrying about how ESQI can be improved and while there are often issues that do need to be addressed, one of the simplest fixes just involves hiring more people. A branch cannot be effectively run with 3 people, and an airport location can barely function at all if there are less than 10 MT’s.

Enterprise Response

Aug 6, 2018 – Manager Employer Brand

Thanks so much for your thorough and honest review! Good luck in your future endeavors!

4. "So far so good"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Company wants you to grow. Managers lay out steps you can do to become assistant manager and branch manager. Great competitive but family style atmosphere

Cons

49 hour work weeks kinda suck

5. "Great Company if You Want to Work"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Will train if you make it through work life balance

Cons

LONG hours starting in daily rental

6. "Great opportunity for extreme growth"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Vero Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Vero Beach, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn about running a business. You WILL learn logistics!

Cons

Lots of hours and customer service can be challenging at times. Sales quotas must be met

Advice to Management

Make the time to make sure your employees are in the right mindset every day. It’s is very easy to get down and it can bring down the entire branch if not caught in time.

7. "Oswaldo Atencio Enterprise Holdings"

Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Managemet Trainee in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, quick promotions and growth from within the company, teaches how to run a business, great benefits and pay plans, start off pay is really good right after college,

Cons

No cons with the company

8. "Great job"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Great growth once u get past the trainee program

Cons

None that I can think of

9. "Branch Manager"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

They help nurture your career and give you the training to succeed

Cons

Long days, limited promotion opportunities once you reach branch manger, and they recently adjusted their pay scale to limit earnings potential from commission

10. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Coconut Creek, FL
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Coconut Creek, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, benefits, promotion, teamwork environment

Cons

Work hours, PTO first year of employment

Showing 9,473 of 10,249 reviews