Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
1,322 Ratings

3,678 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great training program, supportive upper management, All of management started at the bottom (in 385 reviews)

• You learn how to manage a business as far as costs/profit & customer service go (in 575 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance can be difficult to some individuals (in 1360 reviews)

• No work/life balance whatsoever (in 492 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Fantastic Company and Career"

Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Area Rental Manager in Portland, OR

Pros

I have been with Enterprise Holdings for 7+ years now. I can't say enough about how great of a company Enterprise is to be a part of. I am currently an Area Manager and just like everybody else in the company started my career as a Management Trainee. The MT program is an all inclusive program that gives you the tools needed every step of the way to learn the business. The company truly promotes on success. The company truly has an employees first mindset. Our mission statement states that if we take care of our employees and customers then profits will follow and we see that with every action throughout my career. Once you become a manager you have a fantastic ability to increase your own paycheck by being successful. I recently was able to achieve a promotion where the company paid on their own expense to move me and my family across the country.

Cons

The most common complaints we hear initially are the long work weeks. It is a change to be on a 49 hour work week from day 1 but with everything you do throughout the day a 49 hour week goes much quicker than a 40 hour work week at most other jobs. You truly get out what you put in!

Advice to Management

Your ability to build your pay plan and truly make an impact in customers and employees as you move up through the company is an amazing opportunity!

2. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training, amazing networking, sales and team driven, quick promotions and good earning potentials

Cons

Work life balance can be a struggle, but you work hard, and they reward hard work.

3. "Great first job out of college."

Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great training programs. Including sales, management, and marketing training. Perfect opportunity for entry level sales position leading to future growth within the company. Promotions can happen fast and frequently.

Cons

Starting salary is not the best, usually around 40K. 50 hour work weeks, and must work weekends. Very fast paced, can take some time to get used to the job.

Advice to Management

Train your people. Your employees are your biggest asset and there is a lot that goes into running an Enterprise store. As a manager you need to be able to rely on your people and delegate tasks.

4. "Pretty chill"

Former Employee - Detailer in Tacoma, WA
    Former Employee - Detailer in Tacoma, WA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good work environment, friendly staff

Cons

long hours, I be getting hungry

5. "Good if you're not in rental"

Current Employee - Vehicle Repair Coordinator in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Vehicle Repair Coordinator in El Paso, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable company with good benefits; rewarding work and easy to track metrics for success; above-average compensation for entry-level work; room to grow in company

Cons

Daily rental has no work-life balance; difficult to attain arbitrarily set goals; management has no knowledge of scope of departments under them

Advice to Management

Listen to people who know what they're doing in their field; research and set attainable goals

6. "Assistant Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Great experience
    Opportunity to meet many interesting people
    One of the best jobs to get your foot in the door after college
    Super easy to get promoted fast
    Large amount of responsibility

Cons

Long hours
    Stressful customers
    Large amount of responsibility

Advice to Management

Make a better effort to build towards a 40 hour week.

7. "Return Agent Seasonal"

Former Employee - Return Agent in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Former Employee - Return Agent in Myrtle Beach, SC

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For Seasonal, they offer a variety of jobs during their busy season. They paid a decent wage, for the most part the people were very nice and seemed to care. They had several shifts and you had some say in your schedule and they often did try to work with you when making the schedule. Once you proved you could do the job, they pretty much left you alone.

Cons

They always seem to have a significant number of employees on the fast track program which is great. I am all for internal promotions. However, many of the ones I encountered had the fast track attitude of superiority especially the ones who thought they should have move along already. Others who were designated to move along seemed to get "short timers disease" meaning they became slow, sloppy, and lethargic and not caring about their current job.

Advice to Management

Watch out for those on that fast track program for the above reasons. The things noted above are Management Problem for not observing and managing those accordingly and keeping their attention.

8. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Marina del Rey, CA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Great business training. A lot of room for development and growth.

Cons

Low entry-level pay for long extended hours.

Advice to Management

Invite families of employees to employee outings and events.

9. "Nice People"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work for. Laid back management style. Good work life balance. Healthy work atmosphere. Pleasure to work there.

Cons

A little unsure of what they want sometimes, but that's the only con I can think of for them. Really great people.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing great work and helping people around. Focus on long-term goals and I see a bright future for the company.

"A Place Where You Can GO Somewhere"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you're an ambitious professional and a high achiever that's looking for a place where you can actually be rewarded for the work you do, then this is a role worth looking into!

The best thing to me about Enterprise is the ability to have control. In may career opportunities you get capped, held back, or cut out of the loop when it comes to promotional opportunities because they prefer using tenure, external resources, or the good ol' boy system.

Here, when you work hard and get results, you'll be rewarded. It's not about who you know, but what you do. I had a lot of friends that started with sexier sounding jobs that I did, but in 3.5 years I had had 4 promotions and was running my own store - a lot of my friends were still in the same position and maybe had had one or two pay grade increases, but no major changes! Yuck!

I wanted growth, opportunity, advancement, teamwork, and fun. This is a career that all about what you make it. Fall in love with daily rental and the team or begin looking at pursing one of the many other divisions that make up Enterprise! With exclusive internal promotions...there's no limit how far you can go.

Cons

It's all about attitude. Most of the things I hear people complain about were never an issue for me. The reality of the job is that it can be tough, stressful, and trying at times. There are things that you don't necessarily want to do that just need to get done...but that's true of almost any job. It's not just about what you do, but where you're going. If you're going to invest time into a career path, embrace "The Suck" of employment, then you might as well do it somewhere where you can actually have some pretty fantastic outcomes, great co-workers, and a lot of rewards.

I wanted a role where my investment actually brought me a return. But this isn't a easy sailing position. It will take work if you want to be successful - but what doesn't? Looking back at all the challenges I've faced throughout my career, I wouldn't change any of them. They were hard to get through in the moment but I always had a support network to lean into.

Work Life Balance can be a struggle at first if you've never worked a consistent 50 hour work week. I came home every night exhausted for the first few months until I adjusted. Once you get your grove down there's a lot of flexibility that comes with 6 and 7 day locations. Learning how to maximize my team has been an invaluable skill!

You'll have managers you'd walk through a wall for, but sometimes you get paired with Managers who have a style that doesn't fit you - do what I did, learn what you don't want to take with you, work hard, and get your own office and run it the way you want to! There's always something to learn in every situation!

Advice to Management

Consistently network and develop relationships. The more connections you make the more people you have to lean on when you need it - and make sure to support them back!

If you're not good at something, figure out how to get good at it! Know what your strengths are, lean into those, but learn how to balance out your weaknesses. Find an informal mentor who is somewhere in the career path where you want to be!

Enterprise Response

Jul 14, 2017 – Manager: Employer Brand

Thank you so much for the great review and all of the detail you provided! This is a great introduction to the Management Training Program for interested candidates.

Showing 7,532 of 8,077 reviews