Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Pamela M. (Pam) Nicholson
3,687 Ratings

9,762 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Great training program and work life quality" (in 463 reviews)

• "Performance based company that has a employee/customer service first culture while challenging you to be the best leader" (in 679 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Area Manager"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Pembroke Pines, FL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at Enterprise for 6 years now, and all 6 have been nothing short of rewarding. From the time I started all the way through present time, Enterprise has given me the tools to be successful and rewarded my hard work with the recognition and promotions befit of it. Enterprise is the only company that I know of that only promotes from within while allowing their employees to earn a 6 figure pay based directly off of the hard work and dedication to performance the employee puts forth. And because of promoting only from within, a sense of a fun competitive atmosphere is always present in the branches.

Cons

The cons are limited do to each individuals ideas of importance. For some, work/life balance may be an issue. For others this is not the case. A lot of the perceived cons stem from the branches ability, or lack there of, to properly organize their day and prioritize what is urgent and important. We are also a performance based company, so the ones who are always driven to be the best, tend to put a lot more stress on themselves to perform at a level that is required to be the best.

Advice to Management

Consistency is key. As long as we hold our values and policies as a top priority, being fair and balanced across the board, our employees and company will always reap the benefits.

2. "Return agent"

Current Employee - Return Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Return Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours, overtime, schedule doesn’t change, opportunities to move up

Cons

Flexibility of schedule, outside for all of shift

Advice to Management

Please make sure that staff has the ability to take a break

"Fantastic opportunities to learn - beware of burnout"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I want to provide a comprehensive review, simply because a lot of the responses on Glassdoor are just short complaints that do not provide very useful information. But before I get into that, a little breakdown of my mindset going in to working at Enterprise:

I knew it was not going to be my forever job from the beginning. I planned to stay for about a year to learn some broad-based skills and then move on to an industry in which I was more interested. A lot of people start working at ERAC with the mindset of only staying at the company for a few years, but it is absolutely an organization that has an "up or out" philosophy. If you're not willing to move up in the company, there's really no point in staying there because of how quickly people promote. If you're someone who doesn't have a problem committing a good portion of their career to one company and gaining significant financial benefits from it, then Enterprise is definitely a good option for you.

1) The People: If you ever decide to work for Enterprise, one of the first things you'll hear about the company is the quality of the employees. And while many of the ERAC mantras can be annoyingly repetitive (area managers and above frequently talk like they’ve been drinking the ERAC Kool-aid for a while), this claim is absolutely true. Enterprise hires some of the most driven, ambitious, intelligent, and genuine young people around, and they really are the strong foundation that makes the company successful.

2) The Leadership: Every single person above you was in your shoes at one point. Thus, they know what kind of garbage you go through with customers, how banal the job can be, and how exhausting it is transitioning from college (or another industry) to a 12-hour a day job. You won't see much of the higher-ups (regional managers and above) as they only pop in every few weeks to say some words of encouragement and check to make sure the branches look clean, but you will interact with your branch and assistant managers on a daily basis. Assuming they're good people and doing their jobs effectively, you will learn a lot from them while you're an MT.

3) The Skillset: You're going to work. A LOT. And you're frequently going to be working with customers who are...horrible people. Like for no reason. But through working with the large amount of people that you will (no matter how good or bad they are) you are going to gain extremely valuable skills to launch your future career - whether that's at Enterprise or somewhere else. Communication, sales, conflict management, strategic thinking, problem-solving; this is just some of what you're going to learn as an MT.

Cons

1) The Hours: Most reviews put this in the “Cons” section and it’s because it’s accurate; you will not have a work/life balance at Enterprise. The minimum expectation is 49 hours/week, which is actually what your targeted salary is based on. You will likely work around 55-60 hours/week, and your branch and assistant managers will work more. Branches are typically open from 7:30am-6:00pm, but most of us are there in the morning at 6:45am-7:00am to wash the cars in preparation for the day. Customers who come in at 6:00pm (and people absolutely will try to come in even if the doors are locked) can also hold you up for another 20-30 minutes. If you’re at an airport location or a flagship branch that is open every day, you will work holidays. If your branch is understaffed, you will not get a lunch.

2) The Work: You’re going to be doing the exact same thing every single day. Checking customers into cars takes up the majority of your time, and while the ability to constantly practice your sales pitch is pretty fun, you’re going to find yourself asking every single customer the exact same questions in an attempt to make conversation and keep up the perception of quality customer service. There’s also a lot of backend work to be done, such as calling customers to verify that they are still planning to come in to pick up a car, coordinating with body shop and dealership locations, and leaving voicemails for customers who picked up a car and haven’t returned it in a few days and now have a balance due even though their card declined. Oh, and don’t forget about cleaning the cars.

3) The Promotional Path: This is actually one of the primary reasons I left Enterprise. There’s very limited options to move beyond daily rental, and you’re really only able to do so after becoming a Branch Manager or above, which generally takes 1.5-3 years to attain. If you want to explore HR, business management, fleet work, or any other departments, you’re going to have to stick with the company for a number of years.

Advice to Management

KEEP BRANCHES FULLY STAFFED! This is honestly my largest complaint about Enterprise: you can’t expect quality customer service at a branch with not enough staff. There’s too much work to do and it’s going to mean customers will have to wait which they HATE. I constantly heard branch and area managers endlessly worrying about how ESQI can be improved and while there are often issues that do need to be addressed, one of the simplest fixes just involves hiring more people. A branch cannot be effectively run with 3 people, and an airport location can barely function at all if there are less than 10 MT’s.

Enterprise Response

Aug 6, 2018 – Manager Employer Brand

Thanks so much for your thorough and honest review! Good luck in your future endeavors!

4. "Porter"

Current Employee - Porter in Homewood, IL
    Current Employee - Porter in Homewood, IL

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is Great job with a lot of benefits. They also will give you a lot of work hours.

Cons

This job is very fast paced as well as challenging. You must keep up with the numbers that drive the company's success as well as be competitive.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management is to listen to the employees a little more. Other than that its a great company.

5. "Sr Account Specialist"

Current Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment, Very easy to move up if you’re dedicated. The company always find ways to show the employees appreciation (outings, mentoring programs, family events, etc)

Cons

Work life balance at the beginning of your career. After time, it will get better. The company always have tips and ideas to help balance it all out.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you’re doing. I love how we can take care of business and have fun while doing so.

6. "Branch manager"

I worked at Enterprise full-time

Pros

fun, team culture. Ability to manage your own business with unlimited earning potential.

Cons

low base salary and restrictions on marketing ideas and or sales/budget

Advice to Management

none. great place to work, better than an MBA

"Management trainee"

I have been working at Enterprise part-time

Pros

Pays Good, training is insightful and hands on. Get paid to pickup/drop off customers and give excellent customer service

Cons

Need to train you on tablet

Advice to Management

Train new employees on tablet. Show us how to write a paper contract. Don't teach RALPH

8. "Management Trainee"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Fun, young atmosphere, always learning, driving new cars, many company outings, opportunities to be promoted quickly

Cons

long hours, cleaning cars in dress clothes, peak season

9. "Management Trainee"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team atmosphere is great. You could get stuck with people you don't like, but Enterprise does a good job of hiring people who play well with others.
    If you enjoy sales and working directly with the public, it is a very fun job. You are constantly in contact with new people and will inevitably come home with ridiculous stories.
    The pay is good for an entry level position. ~$15/hr in upstate NY
    HUGE opportunities for promotion. Within a year, you can start making some seriously good money at Enterprise if you are a hard worker and willing to learn.

Cons

The work day is long. Generally 7am - 6pm with an hour lunch. You get plenty of hours, but it can be exhausting.
    Your life becomes an Enterprise life. It truly is a family away from home.

Advice to Management

None. I loved my boss, my boss's boss, and my boss's boss's boss. All great people who wanted me to succeed.

10. "Accounting"

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

Team Members are great
    Opportunity for Development

Cons

Limited ability to work from home

Showing 9,762 of 10,578 reviews