Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wing snack express"

Former Employee - Cashier in New Orleans, LA
    Former Employee - Cashier in New Orleans, LA

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work training is amazing

Cons

None everything is great work place everyone so nice

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Fantastic opportunities to learn - beware of burnout"

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Washington, DC

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I want to provide a comprehensive review, simply because a lot of the responses on Glassdoor are just short complaints that do not provide very useful information. But before I get into that, a little breakdown of my mindset going in to working at Enterprise:

I knew it was not going to be my forever job from the beginning. I planned to stay for about a year to learn some broad-based skills and then move on to an industry in which I was more interested. A lot of people start working at ERAC with the mindset of only staying at the company for a few years, but it is absolutely an organization that has an "up or out" philosophy. If you're not willing to move up in the company, there's really no point in staying there because of how quickly people promote. If you're someone who doesn't have a problem committing a good portion of their career to one company and gaining significant financial benefits from it, then Enterprise is definitely a good option for you.

1) The People: If you ever decide to work for Enterprise, one of the first things you'll hear about the company is the quality of the employees. And while many of the ERAC mantras can be annoyingly repetitive (area managers and above frequently talk like they’ve been drinking the ERAC Kool-aid for a while), this claim is absolutely true. Enterprise hires some of the most driven, ambitious, intelligent, and genuine young people around, and they really are the strong foundation that makes the company successful.

2) The Leadership: Every single person above you was in your shoes at one point. Thus, they know what kind of garbage you go through with customers, how banal the job can be, and how exhausting it is transitioning from college (or another industry) to a 12-hour a day job. You won't see much of the higher-ups (regional managers and above) as they only pop in every few weeks to say some words of encouragement and check to make sure the branches look clean, but you will interact with your branch and assistant managers on a daily basis. Assuming they're good people and doing their jobs effectively, you will learn a lot from them while you're an MT.

3) The Skillset: You're going to work. A LOT. And you're frequently going to be working with customers who are...horrible people. Like for no reason. But through working with the large amount of people that you will (no matter how good or bad they are) you are going to gain extremely valuable skills to launch your future career - whether that's at Enterprise or somewhere else. Communication, sales, conflict management, strategic thinking, problem-solving; this is just some of what you're going to learn as an MT.

Cons

1) The Hours: Most reviews put this in the “Cons” section and it’s because it’s accurate; you will not have a work/life balance at Enterprise. The minimum expectation is 49 hours/week, which is actually what your targeted salary is based on. You will likely work around 55-60 hours/week, and your branch and assistant managers will work more. Branches are typically open from 7:30am-6:00pm, but most of us are there in the morning at 6:45am-7:00am to wash the cars in preparation for the day. Customers who come in at 6:00pm (and people absolutely will try to come in even if the doors are locked) can also hold you up for another 20-30 minutes. If you’re at an airport location or a flagship branch that is open every day, you will work holidays. If your branch is understaffed, you will not get a lunch.

2) The Work: You’re going to be doing the exact same thing every single day. Checking customers into cars takes up the majority of your time, and while the ability to constantly practice your sales pitch is pretty fun, you’re going to find yourself asking every single customer the exact same questions in an attempt to make conversation and keep up the perception of quality customer service. There’s also a lot of backend work to be done, such as calling customers to verify that they are still planning to come in to pick up a car, coordinating with body shop and dealership locations, and leaving voicemails for customers who picked up a car and haven’t returned it in a few days and now have a balance due even though their card declined. Oh, and don’t forget about cleaning the cars.

3) The Promotional Path: This is actually one of the primary reasons I left Enterprise. There’s very limited options to move beyond daily rental, and you’re really only able to do so after becoming a Branch Manager or above, which generally takes 1.5-3 years to attain. If you want to explore HR, business management, fleet work, or any other departments, you’re going to have to stick with the company for a number of years.

Advice to Management

KEEP BRANCHES FULLY STAFFED! This is honestly my largest complaint about Enterprise: you can’t expect quality customer service at a branch with not enough staff. There’s too much work to do and it’s going to mean customers will have to wait which they HATE. I constantly heard branch and area managers endlessly worrying about how ESQI can be improved and while there are often issues that do need to be addressed, one of the simplest fixes just involves hiring more people. A branch cannot be effectively run with 3 people, and an airport location can barely function at all if there are less than 10 MT’s.

Enterprise Response

Aug 6, 2018 – Manager Employer Brand

Thanks so much for your thorough and honest review! Good luck in your future endeavors!

3. "Great opportunity for growth and development"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time

Pros

The Management Trainee program is very clearly mapped out. You know what it takes to perform well and get promoted at EHI. Once you go through the program, there are a variety of different career paths you can move into. If you are willing to work hard and take initiative for your career, EHI has a great environment for you to succeed. The benefits at EHI are great: dental, vision, medical, retirement savings (PT and FT), PTO, etc.

Cons

The work ethic at EHI is very high. You will work a lot, but it will be rewarded with opportunity to get promoted and grow within the company.

Advice to Management

Continue to explain to employees the benefits of getting to an Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager before moving over to another department or business line.

"Great People, Great Career Launch"

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Enterprise full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Two things I can absolutely guarantee, you will build great relationships with some fantastic people and you will be taught a great baseline skill set for sales and customer service.

To elaborate a bit more, from day one you can expect to build both personal and professional relationships with both peers and managers above you. This network will be the foundation for constant training and learning for all aspects of business, primarily in customer service and sales. Most MT new hires come from similar backgrounds, so if you are willing to put the work in advancement and other opportunities will come naturally.

From day one of training you will be challenged in ways that you have not before experienced. Embrace it and let it develop you in a positive way. Attitude and effort will truly shape your experience here.

You will get out of the MT program what you put in, go the extra mile and you will be sure to have success. I spent 3.5 years here and in doing so built a great skill set to launch my “forever” career while making a handful of lifelong friends in the process.

Cons

There is no way to sugarcoat the fact you will work 12 hour days that will often tip the scale over 60 hours a week. (BRMs specifically.) Nights, Weekends, Holidays. Don’t make plans before 7:30pm on weekdays. You will deal with more than your fair share of blatantly horrible customers. They will be rude, unreasonable and flat out unintelligent. Just accept this reality and understand that there are plenty of great ones as well. Also, be prepared to wash cars in sub 0 or 100+ degree weather. Just part of it.

Advice to Management

I understand what the numbers say, but it might be time to re-evaluate staffing. In order to continue to meet increasingly difficult (but not impossible) expectations more people are needed in the branch. While customer service should continue to be first and foremost, it’s time to seriously overhaul the SQI system. With the importance of this metric, there is no way it should be based off of 4%-7% of the customer base depending on the size of the branch.

5. ""We work hard...and we reward hard work." - Promotability and Opportunity"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very focused on team environment, and fostering teamwork.
    I love the community outreach that I personally get to be a part of, as well as see the work our employees / foundation are doing around the world.
    The company is committed to getting hard workers promoted!

Cons

Customers can be difficult to work with at time, but for the large part our customers love the company and our service.

6. "Amazing people, Terrific Leaders in Management, Unlimited Opportunity for advancement!"

Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Hires the best of the best, Great training, Incredible leadership in place who develops those working under them, countless positions and opportunities to advance, stability, size, only promotes from within.

Cons

None. You do have to work hard, but no success comes without that. Enterprise has unmatched ability to advance and to do it quickly while working with great people who will shape and develop you and your personal abilities. So although it is not a 'Con", it requires hard, dedicated work but will pay off more than anywhere, in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

7. "Truly Amazing! Great Company with Endless Potential"

Current Employee - Vehicle Repair in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Vehicle Repair in Boise, ID

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management listens and responds accordingly. We have a great team atmosphere which makes for a rewarding workday. Never a dull moment and no two days are the same. Great benefits. Great people. Great discounts. Excellent work environment with tons of support.

Cons

No real cons. This company has endless opportunities for those who choose to work hard.

Advice to Management

You are doing things right! Keep listening.

8. "Good starter job"

Current Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Management Assistant in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and decent pay. Work environment can be a lot of fun. Employees turn into family. Company takes great care of their employees

Cons

Long hours. If you are not good with sales you are overlooked.

9. "Management Trainee"

Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Management Trainee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Enterprise full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gain complete business experience and only promote from within.

Cons

Hours are long, job variety is minimal and you will help clean and maintain cars.

Advice to Management

Managers always want to be in control and have a hard time allowing employees to take on management duties before they actually step into the position.

10. "Great work while in college"

Current Employee - Service Agent in Ames, IA
    Current Employee - Service Agent in Ames, IA

I have been working at Enterprise part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun work environment, not hard work

Cons

Low pay, not a lot of opportunity for advancement

Advice to Management

Give more opportunities for raises.