RBC Dain Rauscher

2.8

I Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dain Rauscher in January 2009.

The second round interview was a series of back to back 15 minute interviews with 12-16 consecutive analyst, assosciates, vp's, and mds. Questions were technical, fit, conversational. Only one or two stress interviews where guys acted like dicks. THe rest were cool.

The dinner was awesome. Bottle services afterwards and great meal during.

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RBC Dain Rauscher in September 2010.

First round was 2 30 min interviews with two interviewers in each. Largely behavioural, but some broad macro economic questions.

Second Round was 4 30 min interviews with 2 interviewers in each. More technical than first round, marco questions, currency and equity markets, math.

Overall, not too bad.

Went with another firm.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at RBC Dain Rauscher in March 2010.

The phone interview was very relaxed. Basic questions regarding my background and previous work experience. A few dozen technical questions regarding basic application of finance and economics. Then a few questions which keyed in asset management specificly and took a few weeks to hear back and ultimatly took the offer.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at RBC Dain Rauscher in January 2008.

I heard from HR a few hours after I applied and we set up a phone interview. That was standard and they invited me in for 1:1. I was interviewed by a manager and a supervisor who were both very nice. Standard interview questions. Said I would hear by Wednesday, I think I didn't hear until Thursday or Friday that I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate - I was too naive.

Complex Operations Associate Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at RBC Dain Rauscher in February 2009.

I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter first within a day of applying. She was very informational and friendly. After that, I was scheduled a rush interview within 2 days of the phone interview as Corporate personnel were flying in to interview for the position. Because it was a merger, I interviewed with the Regional HR person for RBC, the Regional Administrative Manager, and a representative of the management staff in the office I was to work in. The regional HR manager for the most part ran the interview. The interview was fairly easy as I had all the skills they were looking for and my current position, at that time, was very similar.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any room for negotiations.

Worked for RBC Dain Rauscher? Contribute to the Community!