High quality company

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, VT
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Burlington, VT

I worked at Competitive Computing

Pros

Wide variety of projects and clients; small cohesive teams; smart people; great location; generally an enjoyable and interesting place to work.

Cons

If you want to work at a large company, this is probably not the place for you as it has less than 100 employees.

Advice to Management

I worked at C2 for four years. Management treated me fairly and looked out for my good, even though they were stretched a bit thin.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Predictably boring

I worked at Competitive Computing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Smart people, great location, interesting business and clients, good technology stack, effective source control

Cons

Lack of support and clear direction from management, Inconsistent process and procedures across projects, inability to effectively engage employees with a clear mission and goals.

Advice to Management

Realize your employees are your greatest resource and enable them to perform their jobs effectively.

2. Perfect place to explore and contribute to the e-Commerce World of various type of industries...

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead in South Burlington, VT
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer/Tech Lead in South Burlington, VT

I have been working at Competitive Computing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A great place for self motivated professionals who find fun within challenges. Great collaborative working environment not only between the engineers but also between the practices. We are great at building an architecture integrating multiple technologies and providing a solution that serves all needs of our customers. - each project provides great and exciting learning opportunities. Supportive management - both professionally and personally. The best part of being a member of the C2 Team - We succeed as a TEAM and we fight failures as a TEAM!! You never fight alone!

Cons

Fast pace is good...but sometimes it feels like we are trying too many different things at the same time.

Advice to Management

Same as I said in the cons. and... There is need to have better organization - we have come a long way but there is still scope to do better.