I've never been treated with such disrespect.

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

It is a large company with good stability. I was drawn to Simplot for the change to move up the corporate ladder and start a life long career.

Cons

Management is inept. While some people are promoted from inside the company, skill sets are not examined before the promotion. I was unfortunately placed in a department of people who did not respect their manager or co-workers. The training I received was half-assed. Senior management let middle management do whatever they pleased without any oversight. This eventually led to me leaving the company. I would suggest strongly researching the position your applying for. Simplot is an EXTREMELY corporate environment down to the tiniest detail with managers who should probably not be managers running the daily operations.

Take a more active role in what middle management is doing. This would save time and money with training new employees. A lot of processes are redundant and an unneeded. Make sure the training is given in a thorough manner and not as if the trainer is in a race to finish.

Other Reviews for JR Simplot

Good Company

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

Very stress free place to work. Good hours and when you want time off you get it. Flexible employer to work for.

Cons

Moving up is possible but the tend to hire from outside too often. Even if your in the same department, have good reviews, and good relationships with co workers they tend to look outside. Pay is low compared to similar companies.

Look at the employees you currently have. Often times they are more capable than the employees you are bringing in with no experience in the company.

Simplot

Former Employee - Systems Service Technician  in  Caldwell, ID
    Former Employee - Systems Service Technician in Caldwell, ID

I worked at JR Simplot full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Simplot offers a significant level of job security for strong contributors. Pay is competitive. Working conditions are acceptable. The people at Simplot are very friendly, and you are always made to feel welcome there.

Cons

The culture at Simplot does not seem to allow innovation, but innovation is expected by upper level management. It seems that there is a breakdown between corporate communicated standards, and what unit level management actually does. There is a definite barrier between hourly and salaried employees that seems to be somewhat influenced by the presence of the teamsters union. I was never a union employee, so I never could understand this separation. I do know that whenever I spoke up, I was basically told to sit down and shut up.

Upper management would be wise to somehow get a better picture of what actually goes on at the unit level. For example, audits are viewed as necessary check the box opportunities, and when the audit is over, everything goes back to as it was before. Standard Operating Procedures are nothing more than checklists that do little or nothing to prepare the worker to perform the work in a way that is consistent. Therefore the actual details that guide the performance of the task are learned through trial and error or tribal knowledge. If on the job training is used, there is no documentation of the actual OJT event. People get signed off on their job duties, many times not really knowing what they are doing or why they are doing it.

There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot.

Worked for JR Simplot? Contribute to the Community!