JR Simplot

www.simplot.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot

I've never been treated with such disrespect.

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

It is a large company with good stability. I was drawn to Simplot for the change to move up the corporate ladder and start a life long career.

Cons

Management is inept. While some people are promoted from inside the company, skill sets are not examined before the promotion. I was unfortunately placed in a department of people who did not respect their manager or co-workers. The training I received was half-assed. Senior management let middle management do whatever they pleased without any oversight. This eventually led to me leaving the company. I would suggest strongly researching the position your applying for. Simplot is an EXTREMELY corporate environment down to the tiniest detail with managers who should probably not be managers running the daily operations.

Take a more active role in what middle management is doing. This would save time and money with training new employees. A lot of processes are redundant and an unneeded. Make sure the training is given in a thorough manner and not as if the trainer is in a race to finish.

40 Other Employee Reviews for JR Simplot (View Most Recent)

Good Company

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

Very stress free place to work. Good hours and when you want time off you get it. Flexible employer to work for.

Cons

Moving up is possible but the tend to hire from outside too often. Even if your in the same department, have good reviews, and good relationships with co workers they tend to look outside. Pay is low compared to similar companies.

Look at the employees you currently have. Often times they are more capable than the employees you are bringing in with no experience in the company.

Simplot

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nampa, ID

I worked at JR Simplot

Pros

Family atmosphere among workers in the field.

Cons

Less and Less caring about the people who do the work by management. They promote a lot of people into positions of authority that are not capable of that type of responsibility. The say, they promote the incompetent to get them out of the way so the real workers can get the job done, is pretty standard.

Learn who does the work who puts money in your pocket. Without the workers putting in all the hours and sacrifices they do for their jobs to keep you going, you would not have a company. Mr. Simplot would be ashamed to know his company has come to more money focused rather than people focused.

There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot