MKS Instruments

www.mksinst.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for MKS Instruments

Good pay and benefits, but no growth opportunity

I have been working at MKS Instruments

Pros

Pay and benefits are nice, people are ok, the managers aren't too demanding, stable job that you can keep forever if you want it.

Cons

No opportunity for personal growth or advancement. People have been in their current jobs for many many years and expressed desire for movement within the company is frowned upon

The company is great. I enjoy the pay and benefits, but I would love more opportunity for growth and advancement within the company.

34 Other Employee Reviews for MKS Instruments (View Most Recent)

mks instruments

I worked at MKS Instruments

Pros

Company in general is alright. Group leaders are fairly decent. No time clocks, employees keep
    their own time, then verified by supervisor.

g

Cons

Group leaders that I had ,did not have any knowledge of machinery that I had to operate. Company hires non experience people to do a skilled trade, without any knowledge of math,blueprint reading. Also not understanding the English language or speaking it. finally not having any knowledge of any measuring instruments that is required to perform the job.

Your management needs to look at the people you have that have group leader positions. You will find many of them are not qualified to do what is required. Hire people that are qualified to do skill work.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at MKS Instruments full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice people, good work facilities, nice quiet work environment for software engineers. The benefits are good, including starting with 3 weeks of vacation, in addition to 10 holidays a year. The salaries are good as well.
    I also like that they prefer to hire permanent employees rather than contractors, so there's not much retraining of new people we have to do.

Cons

Work facilities could be made a little nicer.

There are newer employer reviews for MKS Instruments