There are newer employer reviews for ModusLink

Not a bad place

Current Employee - IT Manager  in  Waltham, MA
Current Employee - IT Manager in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ModusLink

Pros

I enjoyed working with the team. IT is a good group of people and always looking out for the team and the employees.

Cons

Senior management was in disarray when I was there. Lots of comming and going so things were at a bit of a standstill.

It's been a while, but a stable management team with clear goals would have been helpful. Also holding people accountable for their areas.

29 Other Employee Reviews for ModusLink (View Most Recent)

Really depends on what you're looking for.

Current Employee - Workforce Analyst  in  Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Workforce Analyst in Lindon, UT

I have been working at ModusLink

Pros

For unskilled workers, or people trying to get a start, Moduslink is a good opportunity. When I began here as a call center agent, I noticed that the majority of the workers at my level were unintelligent, unskilled and generally had little potential...which at first made me regret my job a little, but then I realized that means that with this as my competition, and with high turnover, my chances at advancement were pretty good. Within 3 years I had more than doubled my pay rate and gained skills that have made me valuable to other (higher paying) employers (with whom I am now applying). Also, there are not really specialists here. Everyone does a variety of tasks and shares workloads--meaning that you get exposure to many systems and processes in a short period of time. For a person with talent, this place is a great training ground. Director-level management is intelligent and they get things done.

Cons

My local-level managers are incompetent. Spreadsheets are foreign to them, data is a foreign language. Few have college degrees. They manage well, but don't necessarily have the brains for running the call center well since they can't even read basic phone reports. They rely on me entirely for everything technical (which is good for my job security) and it's hard to respect and work for someone who isn't as qualified or skilled as you--they've just been alive and on the payroll longer. Boy, I hope they don't read this! Pay is low at all levels compared with local industry averages. The facility is old and dirty and my chair has no arms. :D We're moving to a new building next month. IT is very limited and doesn't support our department sufficiently.

Go to college. Or quit your job and ride your four-wheeler out to the woods and go hunting with your camouflaged buddies and talk about the rodeo last night and say dad gum.

Money hard earned

Current Employee - Quality Control  in  Cork (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Quality Control in Cork (Ireland)

I have been working at ModusLink as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Solid company, deals with some very large companies worldwide

Cons

Money very poor for the numbers produced.

reduce the 12 hour shifts to 3 x 8 hour. the final 4 hours are very tough.You should try it sometime.

There are newer employer reviews for ModusLink

Worked for ModusLink? Contribute to the Community!