There are newer employer reviews for RBC Insurance

Working for RBC Insurance was a demotivating experience.

Former Employee - Licensing Specialist in Greenville, SC
Former Employee - Licensing Specialist in Greenville, SC

Pros

RBC Insurance had great products, but that is where it stops. The building had a small gym/exercise room and a cafeteria.

Cons

RBC Insurance offered no opportunities for professional growth or career advancement. There was no information and knowledge sharing. It was like "us vs. them." Everything was kept at a hush-hush. It was a threatening environment. If we did not meet our outrageous goals then we were threatened with termination on a daily basis. The treatment of a team members was not equal. There were obvious favored teammates who did not have to meet their goals. By the way, I met my goals (killed myself doing it) and ended up quitting because of the low pay and even lower morale. This job turned me into a workalholic.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. Treat all of the employees with respect and fairly. Set meetable goals and stop threatening termination. Positive reinforcement works better.

Other Employee Reviews for RBC Insurance

1. A Good Company

Current Employee - Agent in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Agent in Baton Rouge, LA

Pros

Co - workers are great to work with and all are team players. Pay is average to above average.

Cons

Company doesn't advertise at all and you have limited products to offer your clients.

2. RBC Insurance U.S.

Former Employee - Director, Agency Development in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Director, Agency Development in Greenville, SC

Pros

RBC is a strong company financially. Generally, the people in the Greenville office are terrific to work with. The home office is in a beautiful facility, and benefits are good.

Cons

The parent company is not committed to growth of the insurance company in the United States. The U.S. home office has been troubled by weak leadership at the top and within the distribution channels..

Advice to Management

The U.S. operation has some terrific talent, but you need to get the right leaders on the bus, and get the wrong leaders off!