There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Good place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

- Casual dress
- WFH opportunities
- Flexible hours
- Free soda & snacks
- Breakfast and lunch always available on-site
- Laid back atmosphere
- Good compensation
- Great managers and leadership
- Passionate employees
- Awesome support staff

Cons

- Distracting open-floor atmosphere...
- Location is on the far east side of San Antonio...
- They outsource work that could be done in-house

Great management staff but sometimes they're overwhelmed. Perhaps more project managers would help? Better organization and clear direction to the all teams and departments would benefit this company by leaps and bounds.

473 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

A great company with some great achievements and great problems.

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator III  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator III in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

Co-workers for the most part are some of the most technically talented in the business. Senior Leadership and our CEO is very optimistic and visionary and you can't help but love the guy because he has a great personality. Free Drinks. Casual Dress Code. and Friends and Family policy.

Cons

Salaries are under the industry average for just about every position. The only reason we retain any talent is due to the poor economy and nice culture. Stock Options/raises/bonuses are a joke for support floor Rackers if they are available at all. The new middle management layer has done more damage than good. Many do not understand the responsibilities of the Rackers they manage and this causes confusion and poor performance reviews based on ignorance and reading statistic spreadsheets. Nobody on the support floor seems to be appreciated at all anymore due to the disconnect between mid management and Rackers...even though Upper Management says we are the secret sauce.

Please stop hiring more mid-managers and use the money to hire more support floor Rackers to keep Fanatical Support alive. Treat your Senior Rackers like they are worth gold..because they are. Give everyone a defined path of career advancement and please keep salaries at the industry average so we can hold on to the people who helped make Rackspace a great company to work for.

Fanatical

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

Amazing place to work. Flexible. Possesses an awesome Culture. And our customers are amazing. If you love working with people, you will love this place.

Cons

With great culture unfortunately comes cliques, favoritism, and unfairness at times. A lot of ups and downs here but our senior leadership is amazing.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Worked for Rackspace? Contribute to the Community!