Rackspace

www.rackspace.com
  www.rackspace.com
There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace

Holy cow! I've never been treated so well!

Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator II in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Linux Systems Administrator II in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bent over backwards to accommodate my chosen lifestyle, my family, and my personal issues. This company is, so far, the best I've ever worked at in my 17 yr career as a System Administrator.

Cons

I had to come to San Antonio for training but honestly it's been pretty fun and so is probably not a con at all. They have told me that, as a remote worker, I will be limited in my upward career mobility but I have seen evidence within the organization to the contrary. Time will tell.

Keep up the good work!

496 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Friends and Family - Fun and Frantic

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Love the Rackers. They're passionate, smart and fun!
    The opportunities for Rackspace as a company are huge - market is open and abundant.
    Career advancement to a leadership role is a political game as with most companies.
    Technical career advancement at Rackspace is limited only by your own ability to learn!

Cons

Execution issues on strategy create the biggest obstacles to success.
    New incoming leaders/VPs fail to inspire their teams and lack the passion for the customer.
    Not many women or diversity in leadership roles. No women or diversity in the executive leadership or on the board. Come on guys - don't be afraid of having diversity in your discussions.

Stay true to the vision of being the world's greatest service company. Technology + Fanatical Support for the win!

Great place to work

Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer II in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent benefits (besides Health, dental, vision etc)... A "get the job done" attitude; family orientated. Instead of building a new campus, they bought a MALL... and it has a slide... Rackers focus on customers and don't really care about anything else. It's all about the customer.

Cons

It is ALL about the customer. Internal IT is a hated place to work. All of the other Rackers can do your job better. If you don't make $$$ for Rackspace, your views and opinions on cost cutting and efficiencies are ignored.

There is working FOR Rackspace, and then there is working AT Rackspace. There shouldn't be a difference.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace