Rackspace

Great culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

Employees treat each other with respect, like friends and family. I can count on my fellow co-workers to do their best.

Cons

The rate of change can be a little overwhelming at times. Sometimes that makes keeping up with information a little difficult.

563 Other Employee Reviews for Rackspace (View Most Recent)

Great Place To work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rackspace

Pros

No matter what your job title, you have the ability to make change if you are passionate enough about what you are doing.

Cons

May take awhile for some to become acclimated to Rackspace and learn how to get thing done. Individual contributors have a hard time being successful here.

I am very happy with the direction of the company. I believe we have a bright future ahead of us. Keep the focus and keep communicating the strategy.

Disney World for Techs - watch out! there is dark side

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Rackspace

Pros

Fun People
    Casual dress
    BBQs
    After hours activities
    SA Fun! (email lists)

Cons

Below average pay, managers go out of their way to low ball new hires, new hires don't understand that they it's very difficult to get pay increases above 6%/year (negotiate hard before you are hired, demand a 6 month pay review and get it in writing)

No stock options or grants from front line Rackers (yet senior leaders sell millions of dollars bi-yearly)

Cut throat middle managers who make false promises

The Mall, toys at work, flags, fun and games and everything else that makes up 'Rackspace Culture'is is a big mirage to keep happy... even though you are paid below market, asked to work long hours, and not receiving thousands of dollars of company stock that your counterparts at competitors are receiving. Rackers don't leave because they love Rackspace, managers go out of their way to keep Rackers happy.

Note: Promoting and pay increases is negative measure on Rackspace Managers.

CCMS is huge example of career minded middle managers who went behind closed doors and didn't engage support rackers for input. Whats worse is they spoon fed a lie. Hopefully the negative NPS scores will bring some attention

Stock grants for front line rackers, rackers can't afford to buy a house let alone, let alone save for retirement, 90% of support rackers live in apartments.

There are newer employer reviews for Rackspace