There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group

Good place to work but below average pay and ot adjusting to changes to their market well

Current Employee - Sales Manager
Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Fair treatment of employees, transparent policies, mgt. pretty good. They are recently becoming good at allowing movement to parts of the company but that is only recent. Finally, they are fair, in general, to employees, with some notable exceptions like every company has.

Cons

Not reacting well to changes or attacks on their industry of information services and, as a result, not keepign up with internal and external changes in the industry. Need a dose of newew management that cares about changing with the times.

Advice to Management

Try to do the actual job of a sales rep for a week in terms of barriers internally to sales and you will understand how bad that needs to be fixed. Do more to fix employee salary problems for employees to increase retention.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very good work life balance

Current Employee - Senior Editor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Editor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

work life balance is extremely good in my area anyway, my managers are very approachable, the company is relatively well resourced.

Cons

hard to get anything done, some of the people in my area are quite cliquey and hard to get to know, I'm on a maternity contract and there is therefore little job security. I also don't really know if the job is as challenging or as interesting as initially "sold" in the interview.

Advice to Management

I'm quite happy with the way things are run by management. Most of the managers I have worked with are quite approachable and easygoing, although I do find it hard to get clear, consistent answers at times.

2. Large company with global opportunities

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

The company has a large global footprint. This opens opportunities to have a career in a lot of different places including telecommuting.

Cons

Those based out of a small regional offices have less exposure to the corporate experience.

Advice to Management

Employees in remote locations especially those in smaller locations have less opportunities for advancement and almost no exposure to corporate.

There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group