Reed Elsevier Group

www.reedelsevier.com
  www.reedelsevier.com
There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group

Pleasant internal working environment but sometimes strained relationships with customers were unpleasant to deal with

I worked at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Good work/life balance, excellent benefits and supportive colleagues, plus opportunities to work outside the UK

Cons

Company's excessive pricing policy in the past and ill-considered outsourcing (causing lower standards) has lowered reputation with more traditional customers

Having been seen to leave 'premiership' paper publishing to rivals such as OUP, developing successful electronic business model is essential.

100 Other Employee Reviews for Reed Elsevier Group (View Most Recent)

Good place to work but below average pay and ot adjusting to changes to their market well

Current Employee - Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

Fair treatment of employees, transparent policies, mgt. pretty good. They are recently becoming good at allowing movement to parts of the company but that is only recent. Finally, they are fair, in general, to employees, with some notable exceptions like every company has.

Cons

Not reacting well to changes or attacks on their industry of information services and, as a result, not keepign up with internal and external changes in the industry. Need a dose of newew management that cares about changing with the times.

Try to do the actual job of a sales rep for a week in terms of barriers internally to sales and you will understand how bad that needs to be fixed. Do more to fix employee salary problems for employees to increase retention.

Very good work life balance

Current Employee - Senior Editor in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Editor in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Reed Elsevier Group

Pros

work life balance is extremely good in my area anyway, my managers are very approachable, the company is relatively well resourced.

Cons

hard to get anything done, some of the people in my area are quite cliquey and hard to get to know, I'm on a maternity contract and there is therefore little job security. I also don't really know if the job is as challenging or as interesting as initially "sold" in the interview.

I'm quite happy with the way things are run by management. Most of the managers I have worked with are quite approachable and easygoing, although I do find it hard to get clear, consistent answers at times.

There are newer employer reviews for Reed Elsevier Group