Shell

Overall, a good company

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell

Pros

Company has deep pockets, and a desire to do the right thing, correctly. They will spend to get the result they are looking for...

Cons

...... they will support projects as long they have a profile and are "urgent".... but sometimes they are likely to drop them in favor of the next "priority".... often leaving the first project incomplete and benefits not fully realized.

Complete the task. See projects through to full implementation. Squeeze all possible benefits from the investments you make. Keep on being willing to resource projects as you do.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Shell (View Most Recent)

Working at Shell Oil Company

Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Tax Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Shell

Pros

Good pay and beneifts and I would have stayed longer if they were not moving the positions to India. Was allowed to work on challenging assignments.

Cons

Moving finance function overseas, so there was no room for advancement within the company only the realization that our jobs would end sometime in the near future.

No comment

Shell Oil

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Shell

Pros

The people at Shell are generally very top notch, smart and friendly. This makes the working environment very nice and comfortable.

Cons

Career opportunities are getting more limited with little to none developmental programs in place.

Mgmt often lacks decision making prowess, ie quick, decisive actions based on available information. There is always too much fear of being wrong versus ability to accept mistakes.

There are newer employer reviews for Shell