eSolutionsFirst

There are newer employer reviews for eSolutionsFirst

Horrible Experience for A Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Reston, VA

I have been working at eSolutionsFirst

Pros

I took this job because I was promised flexibility. The benefits package that I was offered was great and immediate. There's room for growth if the owner can determine if she wants to "...get the right people on the bus, and the wrong people off the bus". In other words, if you're looking to work for company you can build with from the ground up, then this is your company. It's definitely a 'startup' operation (although I can't understand why it would take 5+ years to move from startup phase to growth phase, but oh well).

Cons

This is NOT the place for a seasoned recruiter to hang their hat. Nor is it a place for a beginner either. There's no training for newly hired inbound talent. Their's no IT infrastructure (ATS - TMS) and you can't mine for new talent and work within a developed automated workflow process either because their isn't one. No office phone, no internet, and no computers for workers is NOT A GOOD LOOK for new employees coming in the door the first day, who have made the choice to trust you (and their families) with their income opportunity is not a good first impression to present on anyone. We understand that many people use their own cell phones, and laptops, but this should be communicated in the interviews so potential job candidates have all the information they need to evaluate your job opportunity fairly against all the others they may be considering.

If you're used to, or need to generate hundreds of applicant leads a day, this is NOT the place for you. They still rely on basically email, and their top recruiter boasts of 4 or 5 placements a year (amazingly while still getting a salary).

Learn about, and adapt a Level 5 management style then decide who you want on the bus, and who shouldn't be on the bus. Get top talent to help grow the business, and let new hires know what you expect from the coming in the door, and give them the training, tools & other resources to do their jobs. As far as job applicants, please don't be afraid to correct simple things on inbound resumes like 'misspellings or punctuation' if it will help the job seekers earn the interview with a corporate or government client. By helping the job seekers, use the recruiters talent and past experiences more effectively, you'll help the business get from a level of 20 billable staff workers, to at least 100 or maybe 200 where you should be. This is just a humble opinion, and I welcome others who have interviewed and worked there to comment on their experiences as we have. The floor is open for comments.

eSolutionsFirst Response

Jan 15, 2015President & CEO

We do use an ATS system from bullhorn, and we provide everyone with a company laptop, and internet access at the office. We also reimburse for personal phone and internet usage, when working from ... More

1 Other Employee Reviews for eSolutionsFirst (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for eSolutionsFirst