717 Parking Interview Questions | Glassdoor

717 Parking Interview Questions

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at 717 Parking.

Interview

Many illegal questions asked...they definitely need full time HR on site. Many ADEA were identified immediately upon entering the office and reviewing pre-employment paperwork. Very odd and uncomfortable.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at 717 Parking (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

First interview with them was done by phone. Second interview was done by the same person in person in her office. The weird part is how the interviews were held where you have to sign in and you get to the interview and everyone can see who is interviewing that day. Person who is doing the interview is not only the same person but has some of the same questions they asked over the phone even though it is the same person again. I was told I would be given a second interview and it will just schedule by the end of that day, but received an email saying someone else was selected for the position.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at 717 Parking.

Interview

I had no phone interview. Just the online application and a phone call to extend an in person interview. I feel like a phone interview could have probably saved me the trouble of going in. My in person with the hr generalist went great. She seemed very receptive. She reacted positively to my questions and answers. Our interview was about an hour. She went over compensation expectations and benefits. Everything went very well and she went in depth in the training process for the role. She ended the interview with " I'll reach out on Friday for our next steps." This is a good sign usually. I hadn't heard from her on Monday so I sent a follow up email restating my desire to work there, my qualifications and if they needed anything else. I got an email the next day they would be pursuing other candidates. My pet peeve in interviews is don't end it with the insinuation that it's successful if it was not.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable doing phone screenings for many kinds of people?   Answer Question

Valet Parking Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 717 Parking (Tampa, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a very simple interview. You are called to have a face to face interview. You are taken to a room and asked if you have experience parking cars and also experience working with customers. If you want to work as a cashier it pays more, but basically they place you where you will work depending on their staffing need.

Interview Questions

• How many pedals does a standard car have and what are the position?   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at 717 Parking (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Emailed resume. Was called within 2 weeks for a phone interview. Was set up for one the following week. After that interview met with the HR Manager. After that was called to interview with John (one of the owners).

Also, they claim they do a background check. The background check is a joke. They simply go online and do a free search for local arrests only. They will not pay for backgrounds. So, really the place is a joke.

Interview Questions

• Basic and standard questions.   1 Answer
    • John was a unique interviewer. He would ask several questions and would cut you off during the answers. Between that and the fact that he cannot sit still and would push ups and scratch and pull at his crotch during the interview process as well as ramble on; should have been a warning sign. Don' accept the position! You will regret it!   1 Answer

Valet Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at 717 Parking (Tampa, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to the job, got called into an interview the next day. Got hired on the spot, and went through my first training that same day. Couldn't work for almost two weeks due to availability conflicts between HR and the manager they had me assigned to. Once I quit my 2nd job, I had open availability and that is how I was scheduled. It did not seem like any effort was made on their part to schedule me at any location.

Interview Questions

• Would I be opposed to a background check, or drug screening at any time?   1 Answer

Valet Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at 717 Parking in September 2014.

Interview

Applied on Career Builder and Craigslist. It was over three weeks before I received a call, I had receieved two offers with other companies I was deciding between but decided to interview based on my experience relevant to the job and the salary they had listed. After inteviews, wanted me to come back the next week to meet interview with the other brother/founder.

Interview Questions

• I was told by the initial HR interviewer I seemed too serious and did not smile enough. She also kept repeating the days/hours required becuase, according to her, they do not like spouses upset by their employees hours. She repeated twice even after I said that was not an issue.   1 Answer

HR lady was a bad first impression from a prospective employee standpoint.

It appreared to me 717 had waited to long to worry about staffing for this project.

Other offers had better benefits.

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at 717 Parking.

Interview

Interview through Skype. What management background do you have. Willing to drive your personal vehicle. Must be available at anytime to go fill in.Management was very detailed about the job and what I would experience.Straight forward about what was expected of me.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at 717 Parking (Tampa, FL).

Interview

It was the most stressful experience I have ever had, The head guy Jason, stressed me out more than any interview I could have been in. I could tell he was shady from the moment I talked to him. Pressure, involving ten other people in everything he does, to make you feel like you are insignificant.

Interview Questions

• So I hear from other people that we are not good people, what do you think about us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only pay was negotiated, They do not offer benefits

Valet Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at 717 Parking in September 2013.

Interview

- Respond to craigslist ad
    - Get phone call asking for interview
    - Go to downtown Tampa hq
    - Sit in small room with more people than chairs
    - Fill out official application
    - Call some number to verify your personal info
    - Wait to be interviewed, go to back room when its your turn
    - Asked several easy questions about your experience and customer service skills
    - Verify that you can drive stick shift
    - Pay $40 for a shirt, belt, pair of shorts, and cheap nametag
    - Attend 1 hour information meeting about the job
    - Get phone call from your manager telling you when and where you'll be working

Interview Questions

• None of the interview questions were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, so many people respond to craigslist ads that they don't try to negotiate anything.