ADRA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

ADRA Interview Questions

Marketing Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ADRA.

Interview

Fake process. They already picked someone but they called me anyway because one of the HR person made the mistake to mention to me that the position was still open. This whole time, an executive's niece has already been hired for the job.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ADRA (Silver Spring, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview panel with 3 people plus a written exercise. They asked different questions with scenarios relating to communications. The panel members were friendly and made me feel comfortable. The written exercise consisted of reading through a document and then writing a press release. In total the interview lasted about 1 hour.

Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ADRA (Silver Spring, MD) in November 2010.

Interview

Within one week of turning in my application, I received a call requesting writing samples. Then a phone interview was scheduled for a few weeks later, and after that, they flew me to ADRA headquarters for an in-person interview with the development team and vice-president. They were very hospitable and paid for all of my traveling/hotel/food expenses.

The final in-person interview could have been done better. Their questions were not very investigative; instead, there were a lot of general questions like, "What are your strengths/weaknesses?" or "Are you a team player?" I didn't feel as if the questions allowed me to really talk about my qualifications. I also didn't feel like my resume or cover letter had been looked at very well by anyone other than the HR representative.

After my interview, I was told I would hear back within one week, but I didn't actually hear back for one month.