AEI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

AEI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Skype for a research position on the Critical Threats Project. Professional interview, normal questions, were very interested in previous experience and how it could apply to their company. I was left with a great impression of the organization. Good benefits (training, food, travel stipend) for an unpaid internship.

Interview Questions

• How does this internship fit into your education and future goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience with carrying out research projects   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

Was contacted day of for a 30 minute phone interview. Interviewer was clearly walking somewhere or commuting home during the interview. Made it hard to hear, especially when there were sirens going by. Interviewer was enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the company.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AEI (Gainesville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied February online, 25 minute phone interview in early April. The lady in charge of the Critical Threats Program interviewed me and explained the program first before we walked through my resume and she asked me a few other questions.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview and then a formal sit in interview with HR and program managers. The interview was very structured. However, one of the interviewers was on the phone the whole time, which was a bit unprofessional and odd, given the respect I have for AEI.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for AEI?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 40 mins, very friendly RA.

Haven't heard back until I followed up (4 weeks after the interview), that's really upsetting.

From my classmates who got an offer, usually, it takes 2 weeks to hear back if you have a chance to on-site interview. Otherwise, their system will inform you till jobs filled. I received an automatic email when the interview passed 6 weeks.

Critical Threats Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

Casual and very informative experience. First the interviewer told me a bit about the work of the critical threats program and AEI as a whole. I later got to talking about my career trajectory and my experience doing research. It helps very much if you cite a report that AEI has worked on and draw some relevant conclusions from it. The interviewers are known to ask open ended questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience doing research.   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

I had couple phone interviews that lasted around 30 to 40 minutes. The interviewers were all very friendly and helpful in answering my questions. We mostly discussed my research experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone interview with HR two days after I applied for a full time position. I had another interview the next day with staff members, and a third interview at the end of the week. I was told that I would hear back the next week, but I never did. I followed up the next week, and HR kept saying that they would get back to me in a few days but they did not. I did not hear that I had not been accepted for the position for over a month, despite being told that I would hear sooner.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at AEI (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring process is long and intensive with multiple rounds of interviews with ascending leadership levels within the organization. They are very concerned with making sure candidates are a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in May 2016.

Interview

Straightforward interview process. I first interviewed in-person with an HR Representative, where I was mostly asked about my background, research,and skill set. I was contacted shortly after to schedule two half-hour phone interview with a research assistant and the director of the policy division. The director asked me one or two technical questions related to tax policy, and then mostly asked about my research. The research assistant asked me to analyze a spreadsheet of sample tax returns and analyze the results. I found this challenging because I did not really understand the problem that I was expected to identify. All interviewers were very nice and friendly.

Interview Questions

• "What variables did you think were necessary to control for in your study?"   Answer Question