AEI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at AEI

2.9

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

Step 1: phone screening with recruiter, lasted for 30 minutes
    Step 2: phone interview with Accountant Manager then CFO, lasted for an hour, 30 minutes
    The recruiter asked too many questions for phone screening, went into too much detail. Speaking with the CFO and Accountant manager was a very easy process. The staff of AEI is very friendly and approachable, makes the interviewee feel comfrotable. They didn't stick to the "interview script" and they really want to get to know you as a person. It was a rather pleasant and educational experience for me. Accountant manager asked a simple journal entry question, and the CFO asked two behavioural questions that showcase your accounting knowledge at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How do you account for insurance?
      If you were to open a mall, what kind of strategy would you follow?
      If you were to prepare a profit & loss statement for the mall, what would you include?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview and then a formal sit in interview with HR and program managers. The interview was very structured. However, one of the interviewers was on the phone the whole time, which was a bit unprofessional and odd, given the respect I have for AEI.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for AEI?   1 Answer

Assistant Interview

Interview

First round with HR. Basic interview with standard questions. Then the department managers. Little more about yourself and career goals. The process kept going with more people within the department talking to me.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge of AEI scholars and their work. Understanding of news events.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at AEI (Gainesville, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied February online, 25 minute phone interview in early April. The lady in charge of the Critical Threats Program interviewed me and explained the program first before we walked through my resume and she asked me a few other questions.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

Two interviews, one with the Talent Team, then another with the specific department if passed along. Most of the questions were about my experiences, with a few questions to guage my interest and knowledge about public policy (e.g. who is your favorite columnist/writer on public policy?)

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEI (Washington, DC) in July 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on Skype for a research position on the Critical Threats Project. Professional interview, normal questions, were very interested in previous experience and how it could apply to their company. I was left with a great impression of the organization. Good benefits (training, food, travel stipend) for an unpaid internship.

Interview Questions

• How does this internship fit into your education and future goals?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience with carrying out research projects   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone interview with HR two days after I applied for a full time position. I had another interview the next day with staff members, and a third interview at the end of the week. I was told that I would hear back the next week, but I never did. I followed up the next week, and HR kept saying that they would get back to me in a few days but they did not. I did not hear that I had not been accepted for the position for over a month, despite being told that I would hear sooner.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AEI in July 2018.

Interview

Very casual and typical phone interview questions such as background, experiences, etc. No more than 30 minutes and heard back in a week. I advise researching AEI scholars to be familiar with the specific work that they do.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phonecall, very relaxed overall, pretty short, 30 minutes. Scheduled about a week in advance and then they gave me a job offer a few days later. 10 days to accept or deny.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AEI.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the following week to have a phone interview. The interview was conducted by a RA for the scholar I would potentially work for; largely conversational and laid back process.