ANSER Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 30, 2016

2.7

Senior Analyst, Conventional Arms Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at ANSER (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

Straightforward, pleasant atmosphere. Stayed focused on the job and what ANSER provides and what you can bring to the experience. They appreciated factually supported responses to the questions and issues presented. Concluded with a short benefits discussion (not salary) and a tour of the facility. The interviewer was knowledgeable and willing to provide feedback to answers, making the process more of a discussion than simply Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Describe your knowledge of the Vienna Document and it's role in the OSCE framework.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ANSER in June 2015.

Interview

The recruiter had a lot of class and knowledge of the organization, I think her name was Sonya. She greeted me, offered me something to drink, went over benefits and spoke very highly of the organization. First impressions are everything.

Interview Questions

• Went over my background and experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter was very thorough, she was the individual that did the salary negotiations. They actually go out and pull market salary data in the local area.

Principal Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ANSER in August 2012.

Interview

After an initial phone screening, was brought in to make a presentation to a group of analysts (3-4) as an example of your previous work. This is an opportunity to show your analytical ability and critical thinking, writing and presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked about writing ability, because this job requires research, analysis and writing detailed reports.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ANSER (Arlington, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied online for the position. The recruiter contacted me about a week later and setup an interview. The interview was with 2 people and we discussed items on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all related to my resume, clearance and past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was pretty easy and recruiter was very polite during the process.

Senior Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ANSER (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Got a call from recruiter, interviewed with a panel of peers and potential supervisors, and the recruiter called me back to let me know they were going to make me an offer nearly immediately

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ANSER (Arlington, VA) in June 2011.

Interview

Submitted a ton of resumes online and got a call back from the recruiter for an interview. Interviewed with a committee of 3 and was given an offer. Took about two months until I was actually in the job.

Interview Questions

• Had to give a presentation on a topic of my interest and field questions. The interview launched from that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was ok. I was looking to get out of a bad work situation and did not ask for a lot more money beyond their initial offer. Word to applicants: be sure to ask for a really good salary because you will not get a lot of raises there. In addition, even a promotion will not earn you a raise.