Ability Beyond Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ability Beyond Interview Questions

2.0

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethel, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ability Beyond (Bethel, CT) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed first by an HR Generalist- very generic questions. Then he brought in two managers from different teams to interview me at the same time. They asked a couple more generic questions. I was offered the job two days later.
    They seem more like they're looking for personality above anything else. No prior experience is really necessary but I had worked with adults with mental illnesses before and I'm sure that helped.

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethel, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ability Beyond (Bethel, CT).

Interview

Initial interview with HR. If you pass this interview you will be contacted to attend second interview with Career Development manager. HR interview consists of watching a video about the agency and you will be asked to answer questions about it after. Then the recruiter goes through a set list of typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• mostly typical questions such as "biggest strength/weakness"   Answer Question

Life Skills Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethel, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ability Beyond (Bethel, CT) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a snowstorm and I came in anyways. They hired me on the spot for my determination and persistence. The hiring woman was nice. Everyone had called out for the day and they shortened my interview. It was three questions long. At the end, they offered me a position and I've been here ever since.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to the table that others wouldn't?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No to negotiations

Direct Care/Life Skills Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethel, CT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ability Beyond (Bethel, CT) in September 2011.

Interview

You sen your resume, and then you get an interview. You then get a phone call telling you wether or not you are hired.

I four out that while the average salary is 49,000 a year for this company. It's direct care staff, the underbelly of this company and the ones who work one on one with the patients teaching them life skills, toiling them and showering, dealing with sometimes violent and inappropriate behaviors, driving them around, and staying up for all night shifts with no sleep are offered a whopping 10- 12 dollars an hour. This company makes me sick. While the administrators make ample salaries while they sit at their desks preaching about the high quality of care (there does seems to be a high quality of care for people with physical and mental disabilities, I will say that) at this company, the people doing the real work are staying up all night, bathing and toiling people for an outrageously low sum. And they recruit aggressively for these jobs, but never mention the pay.

Interview

After applying someone called me within 2 days to set up an interview. Interview lasted between 30-45 minutes. Very straight forward: asked why I applied, described toughest parts of job and asked if that sounded like something I'd want to do, asked for my background, described various scenarios of working with people who have disabilities and asked what I'd do in each scenario. Received offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you're working with two clients and one of them starts to display aggressive behavior, and the nearest telephone is in the other room?   2 Answers