Accounting Principals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.1

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2017.

Interview

Very thorough screening process. Met with representative of Accounting Principals and Ajilon Personnel as they were in the same office. My representative was very attentive to my needs and kept me informed as to what he was doing on my behalf.

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I met with my representative and had a casual discussion on my work history. She made me feel relaxed and heard. I was able to share my salary and commuting restrictions.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next employer?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume in to Ajilon/Accounting Principles. They had all my information for a few days and talked to me on the phone as well. When I went in for the interview, they couldn't find my information, called me by the wrong name, had no familiarity with my background. I was pretty shocked that the interviewer was so ill-prepared. We discussed a job opportunity and right off the bat, the interviewer wanted to discount my background and experience because I hadn't been working for some months (as if there have been so many changes in how accounting works in that time? I don't think so). When I asked about the company culture and more information, the interview had very little to offer me upon which I could even decide if the job would be a good fit. I just came away from the experience feeling like a commodity, not a person, and they wanted to do only the bare minimum to get me to work with them. I don't feel comfortable working with them, or, at the very least, I do not feel that their meager efforts deserve my reciprocation.

Interview Questions

• I explained I was a full-cycle accountant, and the interviewer asked if I did accruals.   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

The. Interview was Efficient, detailed, down to the point. I felt comfortable and it was easy to discuss what I was expecting to do for my career choice. I completed the paperwork and did not have to wait long to actually speak with the recruiter. The recruiter was very strategic in asking questions and helping me form a plan for employment.

Interview Questions

• What were my salary requirements   1 Answer
    • How far from my residence so I want to travel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate an agreeable salary and felt comfortable discussing this matter.

LPA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accounting Principals.

Interview

It was a very straightforward and casual interview process. I was asked about my current experience and what I'm looking for in an employer. The interview process with Accounting Principles was really to scope out and find the desired position that best suits you.

Interview Questions

• What type of role do you see yourself in?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

The recruiter laughed and wanted me to take a salary that was half of my previous job as well of the average starting salary of graduates from my school; such a salary was "generous" according to her. She also seemed surprised when I told her I had other interviews. She also made many mistakes leading up to the interview. After waiting 30 minutes, she called me and was surprised that I was there.

Coupled with the smell of hot sewage outside (near times square), I can with full confidence say this was the worst experience.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

The questions were very transparent and straightforward.The managing director I interviewed with was very clear in what she was asking for and good at asking follow up questions to dive deeply into my qualifications and skills. I interviewed with the managing director and also the staffing manager. Overall, I found the process very satisfying as they were also great at communicating through phones to schedule interviews.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Parsippany, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I was called in for an interview. They asked me very basic questions nothing difficult. After the interview got over, I was asked to fill in a bunch of papers. I took my time to fill in these papers. The interviewer never got back to me. I sent a few emails trying to follow up and no response. It was a waste of time.

Accounts Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Orlando, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was quick and easy. They emailed me everything I needed to have filled out before hand. The gentleman I interviewed with was very easygoing, professional and nice. Again it was quick and I left feeling confident about my potential placement.

Interview Questions

• They asked that I get more into depth about what I had done in each of my positions listed on my resume. They also asked how much I was looking to make per hour as well as how far I was willing to travel. Another thing they wanted were references however they wanted more than normal. They wanted like 3 former supervisor references and 5 previous co-workers. It wasn't required but they said if I was able to obtain those it would be easier for them to place me. I also had to take a "prove-it" test to prove some of my skills (Excel).   1 Answer

Accounting Clerk Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Accounting Principals (Torrance, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Make an appointment. Bring resume and references. Fill out paperwork. Face to face interview. Be honest and they will represent you in the best light possible. Be sure to check in with your contact as much as you feel comfortable with. It's best to keep your name on their mind so they will remember you first when a position is available for your skills set.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at a temp agency?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It varies by job. But they will negotiate you for top dollar.