Acronym Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Acronym Media Interview Questions

2.6

Paid Search Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Acronym Media (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a friendly chat with two managers at Acronym. They were asking straightforward questions about my professional experience and skills relevant to the position: experience in paid search, analytics tools, and excel (particularly pivot tables).
    By the way they have an amazing view over lower Manhattan from the conference room.

SEO Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Acronym Media (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview, was told they would call me back for an in person interview and I never heard back.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Acronym Media (New York, NY).

Interview

in person w/cmo, skype w/ceo, in person w/coo, meet w/office mgr, in person with ceo. believe the unfavorable reviews on glassdoor. i've heard more bad things post-interview about acronym. i'm glad i did not get an offer. a lot of hot air, shady practices, and management that doesn't care about staff, culture, or anything other than bottom line for ceo who doesn't show up to work. ever.

Interview Questions

• do you think its ok to write blogs and povs for the ceo to put his name on them?   1 Answer
    • why do you think i chose the color orange for the company?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Acronym Media (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional, brisk and prompt. Relaxed, detailed, conversational interview. Looking for seasoned pros, agency experience. Out of box thinking seems to be encouraged. Company has an excellent marketing lead, but is in transition.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Acronym Media (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Contacted by HR and interviewed at the office within a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Dates

Search Engine Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Acronym Media (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

For my second round interview in person at the New York City headquarters after the first round phone interview, I came in. The HR manager had me wait over half an hour before she finally acknowledged my presence in the office, and during her time questioning me, she drew outrageous and uncalled for conclusions based on my resume and cover letter. When I asked her what types of training the company offered to its new employees, she rolled her eyes and said that "here at Acronym, we do not hand-hold our employees. We just give them work, and then... they do it!" This is obviously not true since folks on the actual search team told me that all new hires are given about two weeks of intensive training, as each SEM agency works differently from others.

The HR generalist also suggested that I was not a self-starter merely because I asked what training programs the company offered, as well as the fact that I wrote in my cover letter that it would be great to find a mentor in the field. She twisted my words, as what she claims is hardly the case.

At the end of our meeting, she said that she would contact me within three days to let me know about potential next steps. She never did contact me within three days, or even three weeks. After two weeks, I sent her an e-mail, and she insisted that the company had not made a decision and was still in the interviewing phase. Despite this, the job post had been actively reposted on all major career sites, such as Yahoo! Hot Jobs and Monster.com. It was not until amost two and a half months after that meeting, just this month, when she finally e-mailed and said that the company was unable to offer me the position. At that point, I had already been given multiple job offers and had accepted one.

The role of the Human Resources Generalist is to identify potential talent for a company, as well as to let potential candidates know about the company, what it does, what it represents -- all with a professional, courteous manner. This is everything that Acronym's HR manager failed to do. When I asked her what type of -- if any -- bid management technology Acronym Media uses to manage its paid search campaigns, she could not even answer this and said she did not know. Such a simple question should be able to be answered by anyone who works at a search agency. She was hardly professional or courteous in demeanor, and if anything, she came across as bitter and terribly unhappy in her position.

I have spoken with at least three other individuals who have interviewed at Acronym and have been in contact with Acronym's HR, and I can tell you that the rumors that go around the search marketing industry are quite negative.

A company that has an HR team that is like Acronym's would certainly benefit from restructuring their HR team and infusing them with a bit of respect for others as well as joy for life, as it's obvious this company has none. It is also no wonder that the company has failed to grow, as all of its competitors have grown exponentially since Acronym's short heyday.