Addison Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Addison Design

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Addison Design (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

There were total 3 interviews for the process. The first one was with the creative director, and during the interview I and the creative directors talked about my portfolio, and ask some basic questions, the second one was with the designers and art directors, I think the main purpose of interviewing with the crew was to see if everyone likes the person they work with. And the third one was with the CEO.

Information Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Addison Design (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I had 1 or 2 interviews with the design director and the head of the department (I can't remember if I had 1 or 2). We mainly looked through my portfolio and talked about my work experience. The vibe was very friendly and relaxed. Then I met with the other designers alone so we could talk about what it's like working there. (I knew some of the designers personally from college also).

For the last step of the process, I met with Roger, the CEO. The design director gave me a few tips before I met with him, saying that conversations with him can turn awkward if you bring up certain topics, so I should steer clear of them. (haha!) It seemed like the design director was trying to nurture me and shield me from the more senior, more frightening leadership, which I appreciated. Roger is perfectly nice, I only met with him for a few minutes. He's much more corporately/businessly inclined than the design team, so be prepared for a more traditional interview with him.

Interview Questions

• The CEO asked me one of those cliche business questions "where do you want to be in 5 years?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me how much I wanted to make during the last interview with the CEO. They sent an offer in writing which was within the range I asked for, I asked for 2k more and Roger said no :(

Design Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Addison Design (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

I was a returning employee. CEO gave ma a call about an opportunity for growth in a new division in the company and lured me away from another job for a better opportunity.

Interview Questions

• My last interview was too long ago for me to remember. Discussion was simple, I know the company, management knew me well. Just a matter of responsibilities, opportunities and salary. Quick, easy, to the point.   Answer Question