Admerasia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Junior Media Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admerasia (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Contacted through email, asked to come down for an in-person interview. Met with 3 different people who seemed to hate their job. All three people asked the exact same questions, and told me the exact same things. Took 2hours.

Interview Questions

• None, just they want you to rate yourself on a scale of 1-10 on different skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Admerasia (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

long interview process (at least 90 mins). I was interviewed by 5 people (2 supervisors, 3 directors) in 4 separate sections and basically, they asked similar questions (but pretty straightforward and not difficult to answer). That made me wonder why you don't just all come in and interview me together...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Admerasia (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied to the Media Planner position through an email, and followed up with them two weeks after to see if the position was still open. I didn't receive a response until another two weeks after (total 4 weeks after I sent the initial email), and was asked when I was available. I suggested several days during the end of the week to allow myself some time to prep, but the woman immediately sent an email back asking if I could go in the next day for an interview. I ended up agreeing with the date and time that she wanted.

I arrived at least 15 minutes early, but my interviewer was at least 15 minutes late. I interviewed with a total of 3 employees back to back in the media planning department. And I've never felt so insulted in my life through an interview. I have media planning experience, but not from an agency and one of the ladies interrogated me like I was stupid. She literally asked me whether I even knew what media is. She even impersonated me as giving a "duh" face when I was simply taking an extra 30 seconds to comprehend her extensive, on-the-spot strategic media planning questions, asked in a heavy Korean accent.

They knew that I didn't have agency experience going into the interview (and the job description DID NOT specify that agency experience was needed, just media experience), but decided to interview me anyway for two hours like I should have been from an agency. They then continued to say that if I do enter the agency, I will need to take on a Junior Media Planner role at a very low salary and may have to leave the office near midnight on heavy workload days (which would be 15 hour work-days). So, I had a 1.5 hour, each way, commute to the interview just to be insulted for another 2 hours. After all this, I didn't even bother following up, nor did they follow up with me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Admerasia (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied for the position through LinkedIn and received an email to come in for a face-to-face interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and was asked to wait until a meeting was finished. My actual interview started a bit later than scheduled.

I was interviewed by 5 people back-to-back (1 senior planner, 3 media planners/buyers, and the director). The interview itself was fairly straightforward, however, I left the office thinking "I don't want to work here." The media planners/buyers I spoke with seemed to have very little passion for what they do. Also, the job posting stated that this was an entry-level position and they knew that I was applying for and would be starting off as an entry-level employee. But halfway through the interview, they said that the media planner position may or may not be available but they were holding interviews regardless. Some of their responses to my own responses during the interview were also slightly condescending.

I followed up with thank you emails to each member of the team that I interviewed with but received no replies. I followed up a week later and never received a reply. Absolutely nothing.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Admerasia.

Interview

Long process

Senior Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Admerasia (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

I had applied online in May'2012 and was called for an interview within a week. I interviewed with four people from different teams. My second interview happened two weeks later where I was interviewed by two people (both from the earlier interview). My third interview was with one person and this was when I rejected the offer.
    The company initially assured a particular position, then changed the offer to a different designation and finally proposed joining them on a trial basis along with clearly mentioning that there was no guarantee being hired after the successful completion of the temporary period.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with different Asian languages were asked to be rated on a scale of 1-10 (read, write, speak). Past experience was discussed and I was asked about what I knew about Admerasia.   1 Answer

First interview:I was told how important I would be to the company and then my responsibilities were discussed. I was also interviewed by a junior executive. To me this was pretty strange but I thought that they probably wanted to check my compatibility with members of the team.
    Second interview: I was shocked when the interviewer offered me an entry level position. The company indicated that the junior executive might be hurt if I were to join at a senior position.
    Third interview: I was asked to join as a temp as the position I was interviewing for had already been filled. However, it was made very clear that the position may or may not be made permanent. The mixed messages I was receiving were so confusing that I decided to turn down the offer.
    The company seems very unsure about what they want and where they are headed.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admerasia.

Interview

Great Interview Process: All Team Members Interviewed at Once. The candidate was put at ease. The Overall process was quick. Although, the team knows the hiring policies, they leave the salary part for the HR to discuss. That's when the HR starts negotiating the salary with you.

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Admerasia (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by HR for an on-site interview. It was a 1-1 interview with a manager, and he asked some basic designer interview questions like introduce about myself, walk through my portfolio, why I wanted to work with them and etc etc. It was a quite long interview because he wanted to hear almost everything I presented on my portfolio, compare to other companies usually ask me to briefly explain few of my favorites. He carefully listened and gave me some comments.
    I would have a good impression on the overall interview process if I could hear back from them in proper time. The interviewer told me that he will contact me within a week regarding the next steps, but he never did. I sent him few follow up emails, but he never replied back to any of them. Whether the applicant passed or not, they should be informed if they take time to visit the company and met the employees in person.