Advocate Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Advocate Construction

2.6

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Glendale Heights, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

Brief Phone Screen, then a brief in person interview. Once I passed the 1st interview I was scheduled with a second interview with a hiring manager. The last interview was with two hiring managers.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever worked in a "results only work environment"?   1 Answer

Jun 3, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to review our interview process.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Glendale Heights, IL).

Interview

Brief phone interview with recruiter. Followed up by a more in-depth, in-person interview with the recruiter later that week. I was sent a personality survey after I interviewed with the recruiter. My final interview was with a Sales Manager. The sales manager interview was the most intense and challenging.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Outside Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Glendale Heights, IL).

Interview

One Interview that lasted about 15min and mostly nothing but job description. Next, Took me on a ride along to go see a very unhappy Outside salesman at his territory. Then, went out to lunch with sales director and CEO where i was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Mostly talked about my past history and past experiences.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Advocate Construction in October 2012.

Interview

Advocate Construction has a four phase interview process.
    The first interview is a phone interview with management.
    The second interview is short focusing of skills and general aptitude.
    The third interview is a live in the field interview to look at a day in the life of a sales person.
    The Fourth interview is an offer and explanation of the on-boarding process.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer this company, and what do you want out of life.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Bolingbrook, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview
    Followed by a quick face to face interview
    Then a "ride along interview" where you are trapped with the interviewer who taking you to a territory
    Where you watch some poor schlub knock on door and try to convince them that the have "snow/ice damage" and they could file an insurance claim.
    I could not get out of that guy's car fast enough
    If you are a serious salesman not a scam artist RUN AWAY

Interview Questions

• what would you bring to the company   1 Answer

Mar 4, 2016 – President

This is definitely not a review of our company. We do not conduct "ride along interviews". To my knowledge there is no insurance coverage for "snow/ice damage", so that would not be a part of our... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Livonia, MI) in March 2019.

Interview

Brief phone interview, then a slightly longer Skype interview, then an in person interview, all about a week apart. After the Skype interview, I asked to be removed from consideration. I felt they are more suited for someone that can learn a 3 sentence introduction and willing to knock on doors 70 hours per week, in hopes of getting 1-2 people to sign up. Not a job for a professional sales person.

Interview Questions

Advocate Construction Response

Mar 15, 2019 – Recruitment Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview experience. We wish you the best on your career search. As you stated, you pulled out of the interview process before all phases... More

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

3 step interview process, first two interviews were with their HR recruiter who was a great interviewer. Final was with a manager, who you could visibly tell didn't want to interview me. He only asked 2 questions, why do you want this job and why would you be good at it. The rest of the interview was me asking him questions about the job. Towards the end of the interview i saw him write 110 on the top of a folder with my name on it. I've interviewed and hired hundreds of people in my past and been through many interview trainings and always the practice of 110 is frowned upon and considered outdated and unprofessional. For anyone who doesn't know what 110 is, it means No as you just draw a line between the 1s. I wish he would have just said I'm not getting the job, as I would have had a lot more respect for him than what he did.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Chicago, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

2 Interviews. 1st With Recruiter. 2nd With a Manager. Interview was based on my education and my previous work experience. Interview was professional. Questions were well thought out. 2nd interview go more into the position being offered.

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Kansas City, KS) in January 2019.

Interview

It's a three step interview process. A quick phone interview a more in depth in person interview and a final interview with the sales manager. The whole process was quick and comfortable. Very wonderful people and super friendly.

Claims Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Advocate Construction (Glendale Heights, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was tough but fair. I went through 3 different interviews one was with the Human Resources Director the others with my manager. It was extremely straightforward they were very honest about all aspects of the job and wanted to make sure that I understood exactly what I was getting into.

Interview Questions

• What kind of sales experience do you have?   1 Answer

Jun 3, 2016 – President

Thank you for taking the time to discuss our interview process.