Air Methods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Air Methods Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

Engineering Interview

Interview

Negative experience. Companies should have some respect for posting the position that in the end they do not intend to fill. People who apply invest their time to prepare the resume and cover letter and fill up online applications.

Ems Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Air Methods (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

Visited a field base and then went to Regional HQ for an interview. VERY low starting salary for the type of flying. Around 65K. Work hours 7 days on 7 off and 12 hour shifts. Ends up being a 42 hour work week if you average it out. They also promote OT and want you to cover sick pilot/vacation shifts. Decent aircraft but fly paper charts and many new employees, including mechanics. Some bases are hard to fill positions, so they offer "stipend" pay $3,4,10K. But, that money is spread out over the entire year. Overall, disappointed in the pay and benefits as I remember being a new pilot and making about the same thing with almost no experience. IFR pilots coming out of the civilian world have to have 20 hours of "actual" in category (which is very hard to do in the civilian realm). Doesn't matter how much hood time or simulator time or even fixed-wing actual time... they will not accept it. And they complain about not filling base positions?? I was also surprised about base pilot's admissions regarding breaking weight and balance rules, routinely flying too heavy, etc. Midwest region of the country.

Interview Questions

• If the weather was below minimums, would you fly?   2 Answers

HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Methods (Englewood, CO) in January 2017.

Interview

An initial positive experience quickly turned sour. Process took months (months!) for a role that they were supposedly eager to hire for. I initially applied back in November 2016 and did the final round interview in January 2017. Corporate recruiter did a complete 180 on me. She was initially super responsive and quick to get back to me and moved me forward to the next step in the process. I understand you cannot possibly reach out to every rejected candidate, but as a final round interviewer who spent several hours doing multiple phone and on-site interviews with the entire team, it is common courtesy to let the candidate know of a decision one way or another. When I followed up I received radio silence and then I tried one more time in which she told me they are still waiting on a decision. This to me is extremely misleading and speaks volumes about the organization if they still cannot make a decision a month later. My final interview was a month ago so I think it is safe to say it's time to cut the cord. This whole experience speaks volumes about the organization and is a poor reflection of the candidate experience and the overall employment brand. Ironic thing is that this was a role to join the HR department so if this is how they treat a potential team member, I am extremely wary of how they treat other groups. Proceed with caution! Based on what I'm seeing about the Talent Acquisition interview below, it sounds like someone also went through a similar experience. Definitely advising my industry friends to stay away.

Operations Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Methods in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process took a very long time. A recruiter contacted me in November 2016. I was told they wanted to move quickly on the job so I expected to hear something soon. Fast forward to January and I was contacted to do a phone interview with a VP and recruiter. Because that went well, I was asked to interview in Denver a few weeks later. In the meantime, I was invited to meet with the local team for lunch. I had a 3-hour interview in Denver along with my presentation. I was advised I would hear by the end of the week. I followed up the week after and I haven't heard anything so my assumption is they decided on someone else. I'm guessing their urgency of hiring someone quickly is vastly different from mine. I’m disappointed in the lack of communication because I think overall, they are better than that.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Air Methods (Englewood, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Initial communication was fast, they let you know where they are in the process. Once we moved on to more interviews the communication dropped off. You never know where you stand with the company, the managers never follow up, recruiters never email you back even after reaching out to them a few times. They make themselves look like a great company but honestly they're terrible communicators which is a needed standard in Human Resources. Wouldn't apply again.

Flight Paramedic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Methods (Idaho Falls, ID) in September 2016.

Interview

Written test based off FP-C test. Panel interview with basic interview questions and questions about your experience. The questions about your excperience are call based. Then a scenareo with skills. Need to know RSI, 12 leads, and labs.

Interview Questions

• Whats a mistake you had on a call?   1 Answer

Helicopter Pilot Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Methods (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

Organized and well communicated. Very thought provoking and made you think of future situations you could encounter. Safety was a big part of the whole process due to the nature of the work.

Flight Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Methods.

Interview

Interview was done over the phone. This was a convenient method to make contact and spare extremely long travel. However, the downfall, is this methods does not provide the face to face contact that is important in final decision making selections.

Interview Questions

• If I was willing to travel great distances for work, and/or work related classes.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate wages. Wage information was presented in a fashion of "take it, or leave it."

Base Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Air Methods (Englewood, CO) in January 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application for several positions over the course of several months. I received no replies to any of them. No email, phone call, nothing. They extended a hand and then just pull it away and laugh in your face. When I did a follow up call I kept getting "I don't know whats going on but I will look into it". Standard corporate answer.

Interview Questions

• They never asked a question or responded to my application and I already work for them.   1 Answer

Air Methods Communication Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Methods (Omaha, NE) in March 2015.

Interview

Was swift and very well oriented. They were very courteous, professional and formal. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend anyone to apply for this company. Very professional. I went in and was offered a position in the very same day.