Alloy Media Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Alloy Media Interview Questions

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alloy Media (New York, NY).

Interview

Straight-forward

Interview Questions

• Nothing, just asked about prior experience and favorite part about youth pop culture/media   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, probably could've if i wanted to though

Media Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alloy Media (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the two people. It was a very straight forward interview. They asked basic questions like why i want to work for the company. What would i bring to the job. What is my ideal job. My overall experience was positive and they said they would calll me back within a week. They never called and when I called them they said they were still doing interviews.

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alloy Media (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up an interview a few days later. The interview was very casual, and went smoothly. I was shown around the office and introduced to several employees. I left the interview with a very positive outlook on both the company and the position.

The follow up, however, has left me with a very different impression. After being told I would be brought back in the following week to meet with some of the executives- I had to follow up with HR to see if the second interview was going to be scheduled. HR informed me I was still being considered for the position and that a decision would be reached that week. Ok, a little different than what I was told would happen but still not bad. Another week passes and I again follow up with HR to be told that the position has been put on hold and I will be informed when that changes.

I have heard that Alloy is a very mismanaged and poorly run company, and based on my interactions with them after the initial interview I am inclined to believe what I have heard.

Media Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alloy Media (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

Consisted of an interview with HR and then the manager of the department. They asked about my past experience, why I want to work for the company, how to deal with stressful situations. Within a week I received an accepted the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation in a past job and how you were able to deal with it.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alloy Media (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a while ago but here goes...a friend referred me to the position and the interviews were quick and swift. I realize that for professional jobs you still fill out an application but I HATE that and feel like if it is a position where I bring a resume then this paperwork should be dispensed of but I digress... I spoke with the person who would be my boss as well as that person's boss - both interviews lasted around 45 minutes each. I was called back in to meet a few other team members and, from what I recall, I was offered the position just a few days later. While there was some negotiation on the salary, in the end I think everyone was happy.

Negotiation

Pretty quick - I requested a slightly higher compensation and they were able to match it!

Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Alloy Media (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

Phone Interview, then 1:1 interview with members of account.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alloy Media (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

The office is in a small building with a dance studio attached. Strange, but nice once inside. It has a funky, fun and young feel to it. I met initially with an HR Coordinator and shared what I was looking for, then with the HR Director. She told me they are slow on the hiring front, but had some open positions in Boston. Good, easy and conversational. Very interested in your needs and wants so that they can try to see if you are a good fit for them.

Interview Questions

• What was it about Alloy Media that makes you want to come and work for us?   Answer Question

PHP Developer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alloy Media in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online got a call from HR for scheduling a Phone interview and it was rescheduled twice as the person who was suppose to take my interview was busy. And interview never happened again they completely forgot about it. Tried contacting them but no response...