Alter Domus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Alter Domus

2.5

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Applied through my university's career services website. Scheduled an on-campus interview with a recruiter and the head of one of the firm's divisions. Was called back for a final interview a few weeks later. This consisted of 4 interviews, almost all behavioral. All interviewers were very friendly & attentive. Final decisions were made and I received an offer within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to get over communication issues to collaborate with someone   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Chicago, IL) in November 2019.

Interview

2 rounds of interviews were given with 6 interviewers total. It would have been nice to have combined meetings with the interviewers because I got asked the same questions over and over again. Nothing was too technical. It seemed like they were more interested in getting a good personality fit for the role.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darien, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Darien, CT) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed 1:1 with three Funds Managers. They were interested in my background and how my experiences would contribute to my success in a role as a Fund Accountant. I also believe they were interested in the questions I asked of them and their teams.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences, what role did you find challenging and why?   Answer Question

Fund Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Chicago, IL) in January 2019.

Interview

I was called to interview at Cortland TWICE with each instance involving phone interviews and at least two instances in person each time. The first time it was for a newly created technical team to which I even voluntarily offered to work in Milwaukee if needed, the second was for the Manager role. I will never forget the final round interview with the head of operations very strangely prodding me about any prior conflicts I had with others. At first he was referencing someone who I had worked with 8 years ago and no longer worked for Cortland (scratching my head at this point) To my dismay I handled the question as professionally and positive as possible to realize soon after I was passed up. Why call someone back for so many rounds of interviews that they prepare for feverishly and put them through all that TWICE to then try and undermine them and unprofessionally discount them at the very end, and this coming from someone at the executive level! I came to find out after the fact from a friend who was hired on that a former “problem” employee who they had just hired prior to my interview, from my current firm facilitated negative feedback about me. So unprofessional, bullet dodged.

Interview Questions

• Do you remember having any conflict with anyone in the past? You sure? *continues to prod*   Answer Question

Junior Human Resources Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malta, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Malta, MT) in October 2017.

Interview

Involved two interviews. As I was applying to an office that was not in Luxembourg I had to do a Skype interview with the head of recruitment in Luxembourg and a face-to-face interview with the HR manager of the office I was applying for.

Finance Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birkirkara (Malta)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Birkirkara (Malta)) in November 2019.

Interview

applied for finance junior accountant position. HR email me for Interview next week . It was 1 and half hr interview 1 hr basic accounting test followed by and interview with hr manager.

Interview Questions

• how will you handle group conflict   1 Answer

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

HR contacted me via email and asked for suitable time for the 1st round of interview. The 1st round completed with HR and I was told there will be 2nd round with operation Manager. The 2nd was conducted later then I was informed. After completing 2nd round which lasted for an hour the HR did not contact me or sent me a mail even after following up 2 times. Does not matter if I made it or not, but a simple reply would have been really appreciated.

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in July 2019.

Interview

3 rounds, face to face: Manager in, then face to face : Senior Man in on the same day , then mainland china HR phone in / salary nego ( no need bg check)

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Alter Domus.

Interview

I had applied for a Business Analyst position in Alter Domus last year and I was selected for the hiring process. I had gone through the whole interviewing process which was 3 rounds of interviews.
    After being through the whole process, I expected at least a phone call from the HR team, either congratulating me because I passed or telling me that I failed. That’s what I expected after I have dedicated my time to apply for this company and to attend all the interviews.
    What was the feedback that I received after my third interview? No phone call, no email, neither an automatic email thanking me for my interest on the company. I contacted the HR and was told that the hiring manager would have a feedback in a week; it’s been 5 months that I haven’t heard anything back from him.

Legal Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxembourg (Luxembourg)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Alter Domus (Luxembourg (Luxembourg)) in April 2019.

Interview

-30 min: a phone interview after which I was invited for the interview with 2 people.
    - 45 mn: HR interview with the HR Officer
    I have to say it was the most unpleasant experience in dealing with HR.
    Very unprofessional and aggressive behavior of HR officer. Reproached in moving to the country. She asked personal questions that I refused to answer and finally she insisted 5 times me to answer. She created very unpleasant atmosphere.
    - 45 mn: technical interview with the supervisor